Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What else can i do to my DT125R?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

dtmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:36 - 04 Mar 2004    Post subject: What else can i do to my DT125R? Reply with quote

rite so far ive got :
Full Big one exhaust system
Carbon race reeds
Pipercross air filter
re jeted carb #240

What else is there to do to improve performance? and no stupid answers like buy a better bike....

thanks Ross

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 23:49 - 04 Mar 2004    Post subject: Re: What else can i do to my DT125R? Reply with quote

dtmaster wrote:
What else is there to do to improve performance? and no stupid answers like buy a better bike....

Thats not a stupid answer at all. Its the ONLY sensible one.

Save the cash, pass your test and buy something bigger, faster and all around better.

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 04 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely McJ

top of the class for you my lad

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 04 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that the power valve is either working, or pegged in the open position? if so then you will have full power+ a bit more from your other mods hopefully. What are you looking for in terms of performance? bottom end-midrange, or more top end power? If you dont have a working powervalve with the servo motor then thats the next mod i would make, it wont give any more top end, but makes the bike much more driveable at low revs, and sometimes therfore faster. If you need more power then the only things you can do are to have the cylinder and head modified, will will make the motor more powerful at the very top of the rev range, but far more peaky also, or you could fit a 170cc big bore kit, which adds more midrange power, but is likely to take out the big end and crankshaft eventually. I have heard that YZ125 pistons fit the DT, not sure which year though, and that they improve power. You could also fit a bigger carb from a YZ, but again you will only gain a bit at the top end, and the loss of midrange probably isnt worth the hassle. If you can find a 200cc top end from an SDR200 or DT200R then that would probably fit the DT125 bottom end, or even a complete motor, but i dont know where youd find one if at all?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 08:11 - 05 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you're test and get a bigger bike as now you have modded you're bike so much yyou are now going to have a game trying to sell it.

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 05 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
Do you're test and get a bigger bike as now you have modded you're bike so much yyou are now going to have a game trying to sell it.

Yeah, a problem i'm going to have when i need to sell the bandit to get a busa turbo next year, but modifications are so addictive!

About your DT, my mate has done a lot to his, he's fitted race reed's, DEP system, carbon look bars and is now trying to get some jack up plates made, and some completely different mud guards. If you've done all the performance Mod's (aside from cylinder kit), and Pound Coin Penny Coin is burning a hole in your pocket, move on to body mods.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:42 - 05 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just get a Nova. Plently of pointless thing you can buy for that. Thumbs Up

Gman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:20 - 11 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: What else can i do to my DT125R? Reply with quote

hi i hav a dt125r 2003 reg i got carbon race reeds and they did nothing, ive had my exhaust deresricted but its stilll standard, did ure big one exhaust make much of a difference if so how much and in what way? and !WHERE! did u get the rejetters and the airfilter from and how do u fit them? i cant find them any where. until u reply im left with a £3grand 70 mile an hourer Crying or Very sad

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:10 - 11 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The reeds are unlikely to do much at all. Most dealers should be able to supply replacement jets for the carb, but you will have to experiment to find out what size jets are required. You can get a single filter from someone like M&P or MPS, but that might give you problems in the wet (the single filters get waterlogged far more easily).

All the best

Keith

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 01:42 - 12 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why spend so much money and time on a DT 125, or any 125 for that matter. They aren't ever going to be that fast and soon you'll just sell it for a bigger bike anyway and when you go to sell, all these expensive go faster modifications aren't going to get you a higher price, if anything they will knock value off as people want standard bikes really.

Get full licence if you haven't already and get a bigger bike if you want to go faster.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1