Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Newbie NSR convert indicator problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

coolfox1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 03:29 - 14 Apr 2004    Post subject: Newbie NSR convert indicator problem Reply with quote

Hi all

New NSR convert here just picked up a slighty tired and now getting lots of tlc nsr125r, fixing most things but getting stuck on indicators, just get nothing from it no clicks flashes nowt !, read all your posts and sound like a relay problem, thing is anyone know where the relay is on the nsr ? and how to get to it and can it be fixed or is it a new one, have the sides off and whole front off at the mo to fix other things.

Only other thing and this may just be the bulb but newtral light is not working, the box that holds the 4 lights seems to be a sealed unit, anyone know if it is or do I just need to persuade it !

Many thanks for you help, will hopfully get down to some mets when shes done.

Have fun
Ian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:27 - 14 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nsr is a 1998 model. I fitted motrax arrow indicator on mine and at first they didn’t work, just made a horrible noise and didn’t flash.

I fitted a new relay on mine and they worked. The problem was that the new indicators had higher watt bulbs in so the relay needed to have a higher capacity. Not sure if its the same problem as you are having.

The relay on my bike was in the rear section of the bike, under the bar that the seat catch is located on. It’s a small black box. Bit hard to get out but easy to replace with a new one with a higher capacity! Smile

Hope this helps you mate Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

coolfox1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:20 - 14 Apr 2004    Post subject: black box ! Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks very much for the info, I'm mostly well up on cars and their relays tend to be matchbox size, as it happens I was pulling yet more bits off him today and came across that black box thing in the back, but figured it would be too big for a relay, I'll have another look tomorrow, did find two inline .... well things, I though may be relays, they are kinda almost 'inline' things half way down the wireing loom under the tank, there seems to be two of them one 2 pin and one 3 pin if anyone knows what thay are be good only about 1.5cm x 1.5cm. Also found another black box sat down there that funnly enough looks the same as the one in the back

Thanks again
Ian

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:35 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: black box ! Reply with quote

The bigger box is probably the CDI unit.
There's the workshop manual for the older model (<94) NSR on Scotty's website.

I have replaced the bulbs in the instument cluster on my 91 NSR, forget exactly how, think you can take just that section apart. Got the bulbs from my local bike spares shop, that had them in stock.

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:23 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is your nsr? If it is 98> then the indicator relay is the one in the rear. It controls all 4 indicators on the bike. It does have two inline things, in sort of an 'L' shape.

coolfox1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:51 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Wonderfull many thanks Reply with quote

it;s a 2000 model, and yep found it, well the be more precise I didn't !, there was the L shaped connector next to the black cdi unit, some clever person must have decided it didn't need one, or they needed it more than me !.
Sorted a new one and bingo all working A1.

Just my neutral light now lol

Thanks again

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:53 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: No probs! Reply with quote

Ahh, no probs! Glad you got it working mate, well almost working! Not quite sure about the neutral lite! You got a picture of yours up on the pic's area of the site?

coolfox1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:04 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

Found the neutral prob but not sure it's something I can do !
once I've put him back together will upload some pics

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:13 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing them!!! There’s a picture of mine in the pictures section, if you’re interested Very Happy

Nothing spectacular, but its mine, lol Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1