|
|
| Author |
Message |
| evil-tetian |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 evil-tetian L Plate Warrior
Joined: 13 Aug 2008 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mooserx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mooserx Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| deanoet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 deanoet World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kal World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jan 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:21 - 22 Oct 2008 Post subject: Re: advice on protective clothing |
 |
|
I have a pair of Hein Gericke Bike Jeans and a pair of the draggin jeans combats - got to reinterate use the armour inserts otherwise your joints are vulnerable.
I low sided the CG in my jeans, as the bike slid away I landed on my knee - no damage, no pain. ____________________ Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).
1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rowey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rowey World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Oct 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| evil-tetian |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 evil-tetian L Plate Warrior
Joined: 13 Aug 2008 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| apple tango |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 apple tango Crazy Courier

Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:20 - 26 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I bought a pair of the silver back draggin' jeans around 10 months ago and use them pretty much everyday. I haven't experienced sliding down the road on my arse wearing them, but i like them.
They look a bit like skater style jeans, they're warm and practical. The weird thing is that mine don't have the pockets inside them for armor, so I'd watch out for that if you buy some. To compensate for it i bought a pair of Forcefield Body Armor shin protectors which i slip on under the jeans https://www.penroseoutdoors.co.uk/acatalog/Forcefield_Limb_Tube_Leg.html
Regarding the sizes, I'd probably buy one size up than your normal jean size. I'm a 31" with normal jeans, so i bought a pair of draggin's of the same size, but they were way too tight. I swapped them for a 32" and they are fine. ____________________ CBR125 -> Bandit GSF600 '99 -> SV650 02 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| skiberd123 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 skiberd123 Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 12 Nov 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| deanoet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 deanoet World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| skiberd123 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 skiberd123 Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 12 Nov 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kal World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jan 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pyx_e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pyx_e World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Nov 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:14 - 28 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just bought a pair of these :
https://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/cPath/1_2_99/products_id/3100
I wear Draggin Jeans in the summer (as I am mostly riding round Bristol, maybe dual carriage way, hardly any long high speed stuff) but needed something more wind and waterproof for winter. The plus side is that for most situations with D/Jeans and these is you can get off the bike and straight into work without having to faff about.
When I go on the motorway I wear armoured textiles. ____________________ Shiney!
Kawasaki: ER5, Versys, VN900. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kal World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jan 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:28 - 28 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good choice, I have a pair of the earlier model with the heavy pads in them. I had a low side that didn't damage them at all - however spilling battery acid on them completely destroyed the Denim*
* I know, who'd have thunk it. ____________________ Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).
1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 345 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|