Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorhispania Furia Cross

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pete
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Motorhispania Furia Cross Reply with quote

Hi all. 16 in June Very Happy , and looking for a bike. I won't touch the twist and go things Thumbs Down , and would like something that would be able to go a bit off road. Been looking and found the Furia Cross. Does anyone have any usefull info about it? also, what kind of prices do they fetch second hand?
Any info woul be great! Very Happy
Pete.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Motorhispania isnt the nicest of bikes. If your wanting to get a 50cc gear bike, i'd go for the Derbi Senda (wait a moment, i did lol).
They look the part, hold their own offroad, hundreds of tuning parts if stock aint enough for you, even as stock they have plenty of acceleration and a nice top speed. Mine done 50mph as standard.
www.derbi-club.com a massive community of Derbi owners who will tell you why Derbi are better than MH and other bikes with the Minarelli AM6 engine (i.e. Rieju, Peugeot)

Murderdoll.uk
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:23 - 17 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Furia cross is equally good looking, as easy to customize and can do everything a Senda can do.

There is no difference in the performance of the engine between the two bikes and derbi fans are bound to say the DERBI Senda is better.

My 03 Furia 50 does 45mph as standard. I have had it for six months and have had no problems. All 50cc bikes are basically compatible with each other so anything you can get for a Senda, you can probaby get the equivalent for a Furia. All this sh!t about weak build quality is just crap from these one in a million stories where somethings fallen off because a retard didnt know that your supposed to do a few checks on a new bike. i.e. tighten some screws.

My Furia accellerates well and 45-50mph is more than enough for anyone cruising around a town centre. The Furia also maintains high handling performance and comfort off road although this isnt an issue if your standing up!

A friend of mine owns a 2002 MH as pictured (futher on) and de-restricted it reaches 65-70mph. The Furia stands tall, equal in height to an Aprilia RX. Motorhispania also have an SM version of the Furia which looks equally as good as the cross version. It is equally as good as the aprilia and Derbi SM's that are available.

Second hand these bikes can range from £600-£1800, simply depends on the mileage and how well the bike has been maintained. Type Motorhispania Furia in to a search engine (google UK) and you should get some phone numbers for bike dealers who will more than likely have some second hand Furia's available. I think barrus is the main one atm.

The one bummer about my Furia is that the turning circle on it is crap, but its never caused any prblems for me. you can still do a U'eeeeee put it that way! I recommend this bike to anyone who wants a fun 50!

Last edited by Murderdoll.uk on 00:04 - 16 Oct 2004; edited 6 times in total

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 17 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol good for you..
you got a pic you can post?
https://www.motorhispania.es/detallefuria2.jpg
if its anything like that, i feel sorry for you.
i do like the RX50, rather smart bike.
but the only other decent "looking" 50 is the peugeot xps
but peugeot and motorhispania are the same company.
and all use the same crappy engine (along with aprilia and rieju)
of course theres a high demand for parts over here, if there wasnt, no one would buy the bikes in the first place.

as for offroading on the Senda, how is it a "nooby" bike?
my senda is the supermotard version and it performs rather great offroad, even with the road tyres (the rear one is practically a slick)
either way, none of the 50cc offroad style bikes you see are designed for offroading. you push them too hard, and you'll find the frame will become damaged and the rear shock will snap Confused
they are basically a commuter bike for the kids which want to look cool Razz

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:31 - 17 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or another good 50cc bike is the Aprilia RX50, same engine as the rs50 so is quick for a 50 and derestricted with a larger front sprocket it will do about 65mph, and plenty of room for tuning but is there any point.

https://www.aprilia.com/models03/adventure/gfx/foto-rx50.jpg

The build quality on the MH's is poor, the derbi's are slightly better but not much, well they're spanish Rolling Eyes .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Murderdoll.uk
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:46 - 17 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That that is a 2002 Furia (Green) in the pic and can do 65-70mph de-restricted. A friend of mine owns one exactly like that but they look far better in 'the flesh' than in that picture.

YES there is high demand and parts are widely available, your right.

I agree, the RX is sweet but you do pay for it.

I dont think the am6 can be that bad if MH, aprilia and rieju use it.

I dont see how you can comment on the build quality. That all depends on how well an owner maintains the bike. All bikes are quality checked before they leave the manufactureres premises. Besides if you encounter any serious problems , it will be in the first year of ownership when the bike is under warranty.

Last edited by Murderdoll.uk on 00:07 - 16 Oct 2004; edited 4 times in total

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 17 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha is it hell better build quality
and they are not designed for offroading
they're a small displacement/cheap bike for learners
a blatantly cheap copy of the senda, nothing more, nothing less.
as for my bike...
https://www.derbi-club.com/images/user/SM-rider/PICT0057.JPG

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:19 - 17 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprilia also do a supermoto version of the rx50 called a mx50. Looks pretty cool, my mate has one and it does about 55mph but he needs to get a larger front sprocket.

https://www.motalia.de/assets/images/159Intermot-MX50-www.jpg

/\ /\ exactly the same colour my mate has.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 17 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
/\ /\ exactly the same colour my mate has.

which one? my senda sm or the mx50 you posted?

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:11 - 18 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mx50, although i do know someone with a derbi send, its blue but does look smart. He keeps on saying something about fitting a Senda 100cc engine in it but i didn't know you could get a Derbi Senda 100cc.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 18 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not 100cc
its the SendaR100
only difference is it has a 75cc cylinder as standard

Pete
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx a lot everyone.
Havn't made any definate choices yet, but all will depend on whether I can persuade my Dad to let me ride on the road. He takes me to ride trials, but not keen on road riding! Looking forward to June 30th and freedom from GCSE's and the parent taxi service!
Thanx again, Pete
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 10 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1