Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paintball organising thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
 View related event: BCF (Southern) Paintballing (25 Apr) View previous topic : View next topic  

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 17:04 - 12 Apr 2004    Post subject: Paintball organising thread Reply with quote

Time to get organised!

The list now reads Arrow

Susi
Luke
Danny
ZaphodBeeble
Phoenix
Me
ZaphodBeeble's brother
R6Stu
Luke's brother
Zimma
G
T.N.O.

Accomodation G says we can stay at his, so we should let him know if we want to stay at his the night before. He lives in Reading which isn't too far from the paintball venue. I guess those that don't know his address (inc. me) can PM him for it. Bagsie some sort of comfy bed! Razz

Transport Last time we all met at Kev's then some went in a car with all bags etc., and some of us went by bike. G is hoping to have bought another car by then but there are no guarantees. So, will anyone else be going by car? I guess if really necessary we could all do it by bike with pillions!

Directions to the paintballing for those that want to go direct.

Perhaps it would be best if we did the same as last time and all meet a G's and follow someone with a sense of direction.

Prices for the paintball packages. I think I will be going Gold this time. I'm still waiting to hear back whether you can bring your own paintballs but I doubt it.

Hassle more people to play! I have to phone tomorrow to book one more person on but it would still be better if we could get more BCFers to come along.

Have a look at last years paintball thread and hassle some of the people that showed interest then to come along! If we're staying at G's the night before then distance is no problem. Wink

I've added everyone that's going to my "friends list" (if you weren't already there), so you can get my contact details if necessary; and because I want more friends. Surprised

So is that everything? I'm looking forward to it! Very Happy Thumbs Up

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 20:52 - 12 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: Paintball organising thread Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
Bagsie some sort of comfy bed! Razz
Bagsie the sofa. Smile

Nice post btw Grooves. Thumbs Up

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:34 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on making my way up there early on Sunday morning but if everyone is meeting at G's (and if he doesn't mind) then me and my bro can meet you all there on Saturday night? I'll have to change a few things around on the Saturday so I'll need to know soon. Smile

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:55 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems here.

I've got a proper futon-thingy now, so it can take at /least/ two people Razz.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 09:58 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not actually paintballing, but I do have a car and don't mind ferrying people from G's to the venue and back again. Hopefully going to come and take some photos during the day.

There's also room on my floor/sofa if G's should get too crowded.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 23:23 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask G and he said I could stay at his gaff!!! I do have a nice dbl air bed and pump with a luxury valor finish I can try to bring. However by the morning it be half flat! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 14:42 - 14 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I think me and my bro are getting a lift off TNO, if not then we will ride straight there.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 03:30 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's midlanders who want to go but not ride, I can take the car down but theres a no muddy clothes or boots rule....!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny

PostPosted: 11:45 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
If there's midlanders who want to go but not ride, I can take the car down but theres a no muddy clothes or boots rule....!
Yes V. Razz Laughing

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 13:36 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Bendy im sure if you ask nicely the place would give you a Marshall jacket and mask, so u can go round taking action shots of us diving head first into bushes Razz.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 18:08 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
*bump*

Just a final check it, is everyone who supposed to be comming, comming, and whats happening in respect to getting there?

Luke

Danny

PostPosted: 18:10 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on riding to G's the night before if thats possible (need to ask G first).

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 00:03 - 21 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to do.

I will get back to my flat at about 7pm after nearly 7 hours on the trains. Sad Then I have to tidy my tip of a flat as my g/f is returning after 3 weeks away on holiday. (She's also not too happy that I'll be playing when she's returning Sad ).

So should I ride to G's place late on Saturday night from my place in North London? AA says it is at least 1h from me to Reading; more like 90min once I've got lost a few times.

Or do I ride straight to the paintball on the Sunday morning? I can't really work out where it is with a routefinder as there is no postcode.

If I ride to G's the night before I will be riding past the paintball place to get to G's.

Also if I went straight there should I go round the M25 then up the M40 then down the A404 or keep going to the M4 then up the A404? If I were to aim for G's I presume I would aim for the M4.

What do you think I should do guys? Confused Question

Danny

PostPosted: 00:30 - 21 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting to G's is easy, it's very close to the M4 J12.

I'd say go up the night before.

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 14:24 - 21 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather forecast for Sunday:

Sunshine Max 20C Min 10C Cool

Bring it on! Thumbs Up

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 16:37 - 21 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like its getting all the rain out of the way now for the weekend...with any luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1