Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

WANTED: MOTOCROSS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 16:50 - 03 Jul 2002    Post subject: WANTED: MOTOCROSS Reply with quote

My mate just picked up a baragin Suzuki RM125 1990 model for £200 just needs new piston and rings which won't be a problem for his dad.

Anyone selling a decent one for £400 or less??? Confused

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:18 - 03 Jul 2002    Post subject: Re: WANTED: MOTOCROSS Reply with quote

Have a look at www.adtrader.co.uk

Set the limit to £400 and search for RM CR YZ etc. THere's allways some decent bargains around.
I've seen some really nice 250cc/500cc on there for around £500... I am quite tempted, but I need to find some where to ride one, somehow to get it there and people to ride with.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:24 - 03 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that I've asked this question before, but what the heck!

...is there a difference between motocross and trails?...

Check this out G (or anyone):

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746686394

Whaddya think?

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 17:54 - 03 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tin that bike is more for stunts and jumps etc.

I think the sort of trail biking G and scooby are talking about is like round dirt tracks and woods etc (offroad biking)

Please correct me if im wrong. I would love to also get a trail bike for that sort of stuff, but i have no idea where i could ride it... Same a G really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:28 - 03 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trails is a general term for off road bikes while Motocross is a specific sport, however it is also often used as a generic term for off road.

*Trials* however is entirley different it's mostly going up/down/over stuff:
https://www.gasgas.com/Gas-Gas-Media/Goldendale/friday-pics/jarvis1.gif
https://www.pmtrials.nl/lampkin1.jpg
(the bike on ebay is a trials bike)
I've allways quite liked the idea of trials as well, but it's quite hard to get into.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 18:36 - 03 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got talking to a guy at a bike shop a while back who said he went up into the welsh hills with his DT125 he couldnt remember the exact place though. He highly recommended it though, said it was great fun (the guy was 40ish)

You can pick up a fairly cheapish 125 trail bike i should think, its just finding a place to ride it. Some people i know have a field around the back of their house and just ride it there (even though its a nature reserve) I may look into it more once i have a car because then i will be able to tow the bike on a trailer to places further away.

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:24 - 03 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, i called my DT50MX a Trials bike!!! Only thing it got over was my budget on piston rings!
Dyl
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1