Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

so basically....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to New Bikers by Bendy (20 Apr 2004 - 23:57)
View previous topic : View next topic  

numba1biker
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:41 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: so basically.... Reply with quote

at 17 i can have a fullbike test and ride any 'cc' restricted to 33 bhp. or ride a 125cc on my cbt even if its 33bhp?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:43 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being funny, but you won't get very far if you double post your answers. It's damn annoying. Please stop doing it before Kev comes and kicks you Razz

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:44 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this should be posted in the New Biker section and there is a FAQ in the FAQ section explaining all of these little queries. I think its called "License Stuff" or something. Thumbs Up

But in answer to your question. You can ride any bike at 17 as long as it is restricted to 33bhp, and you can ride a 125 on a CBT at 17 as long as it is restricted to 14bhp. Riding a derestricted 125 is illegal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 23:46 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Riding a derestricted 125 is illegal.

But no-one cares. Thumbs Up Very Happy

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:49 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Riding a derestricted 125 is illegal.

But no-one cares. Thumbs Up Very Happy

Be careful saying that Andy, the police /do/ care and it must be up to the individual to decide wether they want to risk getting done for riding without a license and uninsured. As I have said before, you WILL get done for that if caught.

Capisce?

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:51 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the same as peds when your 16. They say you've got to have them restricted but no one listens.

Scouse
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true but would the police go to all the effort to find out if the bike is derestricted? My NSR was bored out and even though I got pulled quite a few times they never even mentioned restrictions or anything like that. I was told though that to check they would have to take the bike away and strip it, and that they wouldn't bother doing this because there would be too much paperwork. I wouldn't say anyone I've ever known with a 125 on a provisional has been restricted apart from shaun, let alone get done for it.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:03 - 21 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some 14bhp bikes still manage to do in excess of 80mph so as long as you don't get caught much over that your OK. A full power 125cc is just more quicker on the acceleration and a a bit on top speed.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 22 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, well actually, 4 bolts to take the exhaust off would quickly reveal a derestricted NSR.

Ok, there are intake restricters, but if the exhaust has been done then chances are the intake has (since the exhaust is a c@#% to drill out!)

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 22:32 - 22 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ride into someone who is crossing the road and that person was/is in a critical state, or even dies as a result of injuries, your bike will be examined incredibly throughly.

If you are riding a bike that is too powerful for the licence you own, you will be in major sh1t! You can kiss goodbye to your driving licence for a long time!

As Mark says, if you are pulled over by a particularly snotty police officer who feels like doing you for the maximum he can, I suspect you will be done for riding without a licence or insurance. This obviously carrys a heavy fine and a lot of points!

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 22 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

But most 125's dont have [Restricted] printed on the V5 docs

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:14 - 22 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What difference does restricted being printed on teh V5 make?

None at all. The point is the law says it shoud be restricted, and so it should be.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1