Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Oi, southerners - look out for a white van reg NL52 DLK

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:59 - 23 Apr 2004    Post subject: Oi, southerners - look out for a white van reg NL52 DLK Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
A white van with the registration number NL52 DLK was used by the gang who stole MCN’s long term test GSX-R1000 in London on Tuesday, April 23..

Police have been unable to trace the van so far because it has been registered to a false address, so we’re asking for your help. If you see it call 999, give the registration number and its location and the police will link the call in with the theft of our GSX-R (reg number GU04 YMY, frame number: 102306).

This was a professional outfit. Police have two witnesses to them casing the bikes in the parking bay in Farringdon Lane, Islington, and then returning with the van. This will not be the first time they’ve struck. If you see the van warn other riders and make that call.

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 16:57 - 23 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will keep my eyes peeled for the thieving bastards! Evil or Very Mad

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 23 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Islington rite now. I will keep my beady little eyes open!

GFK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:04 - 24 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, aren't there cameras all over London for that traffic congestion charge thing?

Can't they trace it roughly from that?? I mean, its not an invisible van, is it?

Diehard
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:08 - 24 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad truth is, if they are a pro outfit, they will have a different plate for each hit, and the original for normal roaming around (proper plate, no crime or suspition). Good info for you Londoner's though Thumbs Up .

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:08 - 24 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

F**king scum. Wan**rs once tried to steal my bike, but couldn't start it Rolling Eyes They used the wrong wires to attempt to hot wire it, didn't put the choke on nor the fuel tap and didn't see that I use the kill switch as an immobiliser! Brick Wall

Fuc*ers all so broke the top yoke and bent the left bar and cost me nearly £400 and dumped it on a beach.

I hope something shit happens to them. Evil or Very Mad

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 20:53 - 24 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are they ain't from down south anyways, the police reckon there's about 12 organised outfits that steal bikes from all over the UK. They don't care how far they have to travel to get to the bike they want, at the end of the day stealing 9 grands worth of bike isworth travelling for, then obviously you want to get as far away from that area as possible, as quickly as possible.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1