Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kymco KR Sport 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Philcw
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:21 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Kymco KR Sport 125 Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have recently obtained a kymco kr sport 125, its i fairly nice bike in all aspects but speed.
I dont think its restricted so is there any way of making it go faster?
As i have looked on the net but there are no after market products specifically for this bike that i can find.

So has it got the same engine as any other bike, thus meaning other performance upgrades would work?

I hope this makes sense, and i would appreciate any help Smile

Thankyou
Phil

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:13 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear. SAME question I asked when I bought a Chinese 125.

Basically the answer you will get is "no"

It isn't restricted. And you can't really tune 4t 125's unless you chuck in stupid amounts of money and you won't even gain much.

Just use it until you pass your test and buy a bigger bike (cheaper than you think).

Best advice I ever took. But unfortunately like a year later Laughing
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

Philcw
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:24 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok lol,

I have an aprilia rs 125 also thats pretty nippy, does just over 110mph.
Yeah im going to go in for my test as im fed up of being on L's.
But im affraid i have picked up so many bad habits and apparently its very hard to pass now... :S

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I keep saying this, but its true.
most chinese bikes are cg cloned engines & as such arent the most powerfull of bikes!
but you can get the maximum bhp fom them by fitting a bigger main jet, or preferably a 28/30mm mikuni carb & open air filter.
fit appropriate sprockets, depending on whether you want top speed or acceleration.
but your NEVER gonna get anything more than an indicated 75-85mph (more likely nearer 70).
done it with every chinese bike i have owned & a few others.
only problem is these bikes arent built to go these speeds so bits WILL fall off (get some threadlok) & it will put additional stress on the engine if ran at max speed for any lenth of time.
oh, & braking from 80 on chinese brakes & pads isnt fun! lol
cheers,
GAZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philcw wrote:
ok lol,

no it doesnt, its lying to you... they cant go that fast

(i've just started a HUGE argument...)
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

[no it doesnt, its lying to you... they cant go that fast

(i've just started a HUGE argument...)[/quote]
yes they can...
with 17/40 gearing,34mm carb,jim lomas exhaust system, pipercross vectorcone & 3 months of weekends spend getting it running right.
= 32.summit bhp & 116mph
cheers,
GAZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wise1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Re: Kymco KR Sport 125 Reply with quote

Philcw wrote:
Hi there,

I have recently obtained a kymco kr sport 125, its i fairly nice bike in all aspects but speed.
I dont think its restricted so is there any way of making it go faster?
As i have looked on the net but there are no after market products specifically for this bike that i can find.

So has it got the same engine as any other bike, thus meaning other performance upgrades would work?

I hope this makes sense, and i would appreciate any help Smile

Thankyou
Phil

Kymco is not chinese, its far superior to any shit chinese bike out there. Its Taiwanese, Honda own part of Kymco who are the bigggest manufacturer of scooters over there and the influences are very apparent when you compare the KR125 with the CBR125.

The simple fact is that the KR125 will manage 70mph on the flat, off the line its not very quick.

But look at the bike you have bought, it weighs a good bit more than similiar 125's, it looks as if its more than just 125, huge back wheel in comparison to others and it looks great.

No low grade steel used either.

Be happy with what you have, its a great bike Thumbs Up

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
iirc, the kymco is around 140 kilos, same as an aprilia rs (2001) , whereas the cbr, which it styled on weighs 127kg.
the chinese bikes like the skyjet,kaisar etc all weigh around 145kg, so dont think there much in it weight wise.
the advantage the kymco has over the other cbr copys is that it has a decent engine, but could still benefIt from a decent carb,pipe & airfilter & better brakes.
cheers,
GAZ

Philcw
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:03 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful Smile

So basically there arent any performance upgrades that will work on my bike?
As you say it is very reliable, nice looking and nice to ride, but it just feels like it could be capable of more (hp wise).

Thanks Smile

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 05 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philcw wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, very helpful Smile

So basically there arent any performance upgrades that will work on my bike?
As you say it is very reliable, nice looking and nice to ride, but it just feels like it could be capable of more (hp wise).

Thanks Smile

hi,
as stated earlier, no harm in trying a mikuni 28/29 or 30mm carb & open aifilter. (about 45 quid all in)
dont think there any performance exhausts available.
& have a look at sprockets.
apart from that, enjoy!
cheers,
GAZ

Wise1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 06 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of work for not a lot more power. Unless your sticking at 125 then I would just leave it alone, but your choice. Thumbs Up

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:26 - 06 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

wisenerl wrote:
A lot of work for not a lot more power. Unless your sticking at 125 then I would just leave it alone, but your choice. Thumbs Up

hi,
takes ame about 10 mins to change a carb.
even at a 1st attempt it shouldnt take no more than half an hour.
side panels off,
there only 2 bolts holding the carb on to the manifold,
disconnect choke & throttle cables & remove stock airbox.
fit new carb with same 2 bolts.
no airbox just open airfilter-1 bolt on the jubilee clip
re-connect choke & throttle,
panels back on.
go for a run, & see how it runs ( with a decent new spark plug)
not much effort really, if its no improvement, at least you've now got a quality carb fitted.. & it will only take 10mins to swap back,
up to you though.
personally i would borrow a mikuni & try it to save money!
(there guys on the chinesebike forum willing to swap/lend parts, it goes both ways )
cheers,
GAZ

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:27 - 06 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 353 days between these two posts...

D1MCV
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:39 - 23 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Philcw"]ok lol,

But im affraid i have picked up so many bad habits and apparently its very hard to pass now... :S[/quote]

The aprilla rs is not a legal learner bike as it exceeds the max power output unless it is restricted. If you ride this bike unrestricted you are unlicensed and uninsured. I'd bin the L plates now as they are of no lawful use!!!!!

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 23 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1MCV wrote:
Philcw wrote:
ok lol,

But im affraid i have picked up so many bad habits and apparently its very hard to pass now... :S

The aprilla rs is not a legal learner bike as it exceeds the max power output unless it is restricted. If you ride this bike unrestricted you are unlicensed and uninsured. I'd bin the L plates now as they are of no lawful use!!!!!

Stfu, your wrong and nooby thread bumping mfer.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 136 days between these two posts...

ian1981
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:28 - 08 Apr 2016    Post subject: 2009 kymco kr sport 125 Reply with quote

never been on a forum before I have a 2009 kymco kr sport 125
the head lights on my bike when on high beam one side is dull other
one is bright not sure if that's right and how oil doses the bike take
I hope I done this right

thanks ian

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 16:38 - 08 Apr 2016    Post subject: Re: 2009 kymco kr sport 125 Reply with quote

ian1981 wrote:
never been on a forum before I have a 2009 kymco kr sport 125
the head lights on my bike when on high beam one side is dull other
one is bright not sure if that's right and how oil doses the bike take
I hope I done this right

thanks ian

Hi Ian,

First off bumping an old thread for your question is not seen as good etiquette, in fact while I'm typing this I imagine someone has already had a moan. Best thing to do in future is start a new thread.

Do you know what bulbs your bike takes?

Bikes have many different types of lights, my TDM has 2 single filament bulbs one for highbeam one for low.

This means that just riding along only the right hand light will be lit, if I use high beam the second will light.

My Speed Four has 2 dual filament bulbs, this means both lights light and the second filament creates the high beam from each light.

However than is not 'standard' from the factory the left main beam is disabled. This is something to do with the belief that a motorbike with dual headlights can look like a car far away. However you can change a relay to activate the second beam.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1