Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

information on the problem i accure cutting out

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

broomy12
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: information on the problem i accure cutting out Reply with quote

right well i'm 16 and i'm going to be taking my cbt very soon i have a honda ns125r 1991 and it seams to be going a bit funny as you can tell i'm new at biking and when ever i wanna pull away it stalls its not me as a bike because my uncle has experienced it as i was having a go the revs dies and if you pull a bit of thotal it does no help and dies he sugested the carbs might need cleaning i've also put some more 2 / oil in making sure it was all ok in there and the fuel is ok it had been working fine before for about a week and now its just gone silly it will start up n stay ticking over but one you try and move it cuts plz plz plz could you help me thanks Thumbs Up

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:05 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it starts, and as you try to increase the revs, the engine cuts out?

Craig G(Noggin)

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:21 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in first gear on the clutch, and run the revs up a bit, and it stalls as you release the clutch? Can you rest the bike in first gear on the bite point of the clutch? Can you rest it on the bite point with the revs up a bit? What RPM are you at when you prepare to move?

broomy12
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:10 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noggin: when i increase the revs to pull away it cuts out

hush: when i release the cluch not fully but on the biting point it cuts out even if i tryed adding more revs it seams to not respond with it i've added more full cuz it was a little low and i don't know if lack of fuel would make it run any different ill try again 2 day to see if there is any difference. when i prepare to move i've had it in 2,3,4 thousand rpm. buts still no difference as i said ill try again 2 day see if there is any change if not there must be something wrong but it cant be so serious because it will stand in neutral and stay running

thanks for replying most appreciated

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:42 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 4K when you reach the bite point of the clutch does the engine instantly die, or do the revs slow first and then it stops?

If so are you able to compensate for the falling revs by applying a little more throttle to maintain 4K?

The bike I've just got is being a little monster, if it is not maintaining at least 3.5K and pref 4.5K when launching, the revs drop and the engine splutters to a stop (not good at a major junction Embarassed )

If it just dies, I'm no mechanic but I would wonder whether perhaps the clutch plates may be worn or warped...?

broomy12
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

the revs slow first and then it stops. i am not able to compensate for the falling revs i try but it doesnt seam to respond il give it a run in about an hour n find out thanx for your info Thumbs Up

Slinn84
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:32 - 21 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

your engine is being starved by the sounds of it, if it goes and ticks over then once you try reving it to get it moving it cuts out, your carb needs to suck fuel and air into the pistons before it will starts going properly, check your carbs out, or you could check your air intake to your fuel tank, their might be a vacuum stopping any air getting into your engine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:36 - 22 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like what happened to my trials bike. fuel tap was not on properly, it ran fine untill I came to the section to pull away and it died. really embarrasijng when I found the fuel tap nearly shut! Sick

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 11:38 - 22 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running the bike a lot without actually riding it?

If so you could well be fouling the spark plug up. Take it out and have a look at it and replace if needed.

When pulling off give it plenty of revs and slip the clutch - the bike really doesn't make any power till after 6000 rpm.

If your problems continue, consider giving the carb a clean out, though I doubt this is your problem to be honest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 22 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

your 16 with a 125?

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 23 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the engine warm up for at least 5 minutes before attempting to ride it.

2 strokes don't like pulling away from cold.

Hope this helps

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

broomy12
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 29 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i haven't typed back in ages, been very busy with college. it's all cleared up now. Thank god. My bike will pull away at 2000rpm is that a good thing. Confused

atom
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:58 - 29 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started having the same problem today ( increase throttle, try slipping clutch, bike dies ) on an RS125, the Guy at the shop told me to give it a right blast every couple of days. I've been running it to and from work in the city so hasn't had much in the way of blasting. Could this be causing the problem?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

broomy12
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 29 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to i'm only 16 still. but it stoped as i've toped up the water and the 2stroke and made sure oil was ok and it seamed to me ok.

broomy12
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 29 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
your 16 with a 125?

i sure am but ant allowed to ride it legal yet. Crying or Very sad but my birth day is in june so not long to wait now.

atom
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:48 - 30 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Em I know why mines was cutting out now, turn fuel to reserve....time to fill er up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1