Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Lovely day for riding wunnit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:48 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Lovely day for riding wunnit Reply with quote

Shocked

I saw the weather forecast before I left the dirty south and it said rain moving southwards through the day. I got back to my mums in Stoke and it started raining so I hung around for an hour hoping it would pass.... it didn't.

2.5 hours/100 miles in really bad rain and cold, my waterproofs gave up about half way home and I became incredibly wet, there was no point in stopping at services, it'd just make it feel worse.

I got home and on my top half I'd been wearing a coat, a fleece, a leather jacket and a t-shirt, every layer was completely soaked all over, I couldn't feel my feet and my jeans under my apprently waterproof trousers were also soaked all over. Sad

That is by far the worst ride I've had to endure in a long time, I had to stick to 60-70 all the way because visibility was so bad, I had one close call where I had to brake and the front locked, cue me diving down white lines instead of stopping like I wanted.

I hate winter and seriously, I couldn't believe it when Hellkat and Anita were complaining about it being cold this morning, I didn't think the north/south would be that different weather wise but they don't have a clue..... bastards.

I'm going bed, it's colder than barrack obama and his mp3 player lying ways (see metro to understand reference).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bofh5
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:17 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgotten what a dry road is and am getting really sick off tip toeing round roundabouts playing dodge the drain cover / oil slicks etc.

Can't honestly remember the last time i actually rode on a dry piece of tarmac. Every morning its been a horrible slick slimy layer from the overnight frost / grit mix.

Yesterday was awful as the estate my office is in hadn't had a grit so the roads were sheet ice.

The fun of playing spin the wheel has well and truly worn off and i'm longing for summer already.
____________________
(L)users...Disk space is to good for them.

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I rode home at midnight last night from Manchester and had loads of little slides, I opted to sing to keep myself relaxed. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:17 - 10 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to wheelie today. Out of the blue. In third. Out of a speed camera.

:smug mode:

That said, we did get all the snow in October if you recall Wink
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:19 - 10 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, apparently it was bad up here last week with snow, I missed it due to prancing about in the south.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:23 - 10 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I dunno, apparently it was bad up here last week with snow, I missed it due to prancing about in the south.


That can't be a bad thing, especially when you include playing with Mingles.

Although cats and snow are usually a damn funny combination.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.03 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 52.42 Kb