Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mirrors on a YBR

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

milz
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 10 Dec 2008    Post subject: Mirrors on a YBR Reply with quote

Hi, I have bought a new YBR 125 recently and think its a great learners bike, the main problem I have with it is that I cannot seem to see anything in the mirrors, I am 6ft and of reasonably big build so my arms and shoulders are blocking my view no matter how much I adjust them.

Are there any different mirrors I can fit to it and do you think this would void my warranty?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Burnleyfan188...
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 10 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I have a YBR also, I can see how you would have a problem. When I first rode my bike and I adjusted the mirrors I struggled to get a decent view because of my shoulders whilst wearing leathers...and I'm only 5'5 lol.

May be some way to extend the height I would have though but not too sure unfortunately, just thought I would reply because I did wonder if taller people would struggle...obviously yes.
____________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
A2 Passed - 23/04/09
-- Yamaha YBR 125 (07)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

neil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 10 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if the thread on the screw was standard for other bikes so you could easily get replacements with longer arms. I'm 6ft and quite large but I don't notice much of a problem with the stock ones.
____________________
CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rowey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:46 - 10 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoot your bum back on the seat and lean forward more?

You can get extenders that screw in between the stems and the bike to add a few inches to the height.
____________________
ZX6R C6F.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.73 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 40.98 Kb