|
|
| Author |
Message |
| MikeyC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MikeyC World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:17 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: Adrenalin? |
 |
|
Had a very, very near miss yesterday whilst filtering, have you experienced that feeling, its like a mad adrenalin rush, weird, not sure if I like it yet or not? lol  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McJamweasel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McJamweasel BCF Junkie

Joined: 22 Mar 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dainesefreak |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dainesefreak World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:23 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
No, I don't do adrenaline at my age it's not good for the heart!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Laura |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Laura Playboy Bunny

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MikeyC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MikeyC World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Danny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Danny Ask Me About Stoppie School

Joined: 26 Jan 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:26 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Adrenaline is one of the best things about biking.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mattastic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mattastic Trackday Trickster
Joined: 03 Aug 2003 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:31 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
If I have a near miss etc I get a "wave" through me from head to toe and I go red hot for a second or two, must be the adrenalin I guess. ____________________ Too skint to buy a bike  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DukeRed |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DukeRed World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:33 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was wondering about that myself. When I came off the first thing I did was start laughing. ____________________ Enjoy Life There's Plenty of Time to be Dead
https://www.janoner.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:24 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
its a chemical released by a gland above the kidneys during intense emotional states such as fear and rage, it makes ur heart beat fast Adrenaline stimulates the heart and nervous system, preparing the body for action. Muscles contract, blood pressure and heart beat increase, and the immune and digestive systems shutdown.
i personally like it  ____________________ Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smoto Bob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smoto Bob World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Dec 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:39 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: feeling |
 |
|
Does any one else get this????????
If i am having a near miss situation or i can see i am about to.. Then i am REALY CALM and seem to go slow motion and i don't like grab anything . Look for a few solutions ( hedges, soft/ low cars , curbs) and take it as it comes.
REmber thinking once
" the front of that bus is going to hurt!!!, humm i can make it around him, but all else fails i am going on his side of the road and up the kurb!!! " ____________________ F'it DO WHAT EVER MAKES YOU HAPPY!!!!! Even if it screws over everyone else :p
Titz wrote: "..and my 3rd accident was when this police car....." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JimboJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JimboJ Manc Pikey

Joined: 23 Aug 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:45 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: Re: feeling |
 |
|
| Smoto Bob wrote: | Does any one else get this????????
If i am having a near miss situation or i can see i am about to.. Then i am REALY CALM and seem to go slow motion and i don't like grab anything . Look for a few solutions ( hedges, soft/ low cars  , curbs) and take it as it comes.
REmber thinking once
" the front of that bus is going to hurt!!!, humm i can make it around him, but all else fails i am going on his side of the road and up the kurb!!! " |
Yes I get that, now at least. My awareness when riding or driving is pretty much 99% concentrating on what's going on (unless I've got a cheesy tune to silng along to with my ICE ). I didn't used to be like that probably how I've adjusted my riding since I got knocked off I suppose.
James ____________________ [00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:08 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
HI
errr yeah everytim I go for a ride . Im always wheeling overtaking, slding the rear going fast overtaking etc, so my addrenallins on everytime I go out .
Luke |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G1_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G1_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 May 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:23 - 06 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
It was the only fun thing about my crash. I was completely relaxed after my crash and joking with the people who stopped (they seemed much more stressed than me). Only problem is that it goes away after a while, luckily be then you've got morphine instead
Yeah I also got that slow motion thing as I was heading towards the barrier. I even felt pretty relaxed as I was heading towards it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fastpaceinstr... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fastpaceinstr... Derestricted Danger
Joined: 03 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:08 - 07 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
hehe score. When i went into a tank slapper outside college at about 50 when heavily breaking on some shit surface in just a t shirt EVERYONE saw me breath in like mad. I controled it just but amused myself and everyone afterwards. I have the luxery tho of blacking out in proper crashes, but when its just a near miss i dont even notice at the time i just react and then after i register it. Dunno if thats good or bad but my initial reactions have seemed to hold good sofar (except for assuming hedges are soft at speed... they are not... especially if there is a ruddy great big tree in front of you... and a barbed wire fence. Hurts... alot... ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jay12329 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jay12329 Dr. Evil

Joined: 02 May 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|