Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I GOT MY FULL TEST on 10th of may any advice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:55 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: I GOT MY FULL TEST on 10th of may any advice Reply with quote

right as the title says i got my full test on the 10th of may and im bricking it Sick has anyone got some advice for me please or is there a test examiner that will except a bribe Laughing Laughing Laughing

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my advice is.. don't brick it! Very Happy

Just ride like you would on a lesson, don't get nervous (if you can help it) and just forget about the fact that it's a test!

oh, and good luck! Thumbs Up

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:52 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck for the test. When I do mine I reckon I'll ride like I do on my commute to work and should be ok. If you worry overly about it you'll make mistakes that you usually wouldn't.

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:
my advice is.. don't brick it! Very Happy

Difficult to do but it's the best thing really, try to be as relaxed as you can. The same goes for general riding too.

The lad that I was out with in the morning had his test before I did, he was riding really well. When we rode to the test centre and started waiting for the examiner he completely went to pieces, his nerves really got the better of him. Out on the test he cocked up the U-turn and knew he'd failed, because of that all the pressure was off and he just rode the bike. The examiner said he'd not even given him a minor at all and it was a real shame that he'd made a mess of the U-turn.

So deep breaths and take it easy. Remember, he wants to see you make progress but you aren't rushing to go anywhere and the 40 mins is counting down the whole time.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a bit of a problem getting used to wingmirrors again. I took it off my 50cc because no matter how much i adjusted it, i could see nothing but my shoulder. Good thing i have them on my NS.

If i remember correctly, for the U-turn, you check mirrors, shoulder check, move about 2 meters forward, shoulder check again, do the turn, mirror check then come to a stop in the stationary position?
I done this pretty well on my CBT, but i'll be doing a lot of practising before i do my test, just to make sure i pass first time.

Good luck Dandit, you shouldn't have a problem if you just take your time and don't make any daft decisions Smile

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 05:25 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

try and relax and talk yourself through it all and take your time(it does help believe me).And good luck Thumbs Up Very Happy

Nij
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the guys said Dandit just try and relax talk to yourself as much as possible, that is wot i did kept telling myself not to forget the L/S, not to leave indicartor on it helped me relax.
TIP
When the instructor asked you to pull up and you know you are going to do your U-TURN, try to pull up opposite someones drive or any section of LOWERED kerbing, above all be positive
and GOOD LUCK

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:47 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got my date as well mate, DAY BEFORE YOU!!!! Sick good luck to us both, got a cbr600 just waiting to be played with Crying or Very sad all the best Wink Wink

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Charley
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all....just joined today...I got my test on 14th May....but for a 125....so have HondaCG125 for my test...and after...I have a resticted Yam XJR400....3rd time lucky eh!!

Charley xx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jinx
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:21 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ride like you know you are going to pass!! a big chunk of it is attitude!
you have to remember that your instructor wouldnt let you put in for it if he/she didnt think you would be ready for it!

and if they have faith in you YOU have to have faith in you!

you have worked hard to be ready for it and paid out a lot of money! dont ruin it by becoming nervous.

Roo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:22 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't overtake a milk float, while going past a junction. Without signaling or any kind of observation. Embarassed

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:27 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinx wrote:
ride like you know you are going to pass!! a big chunk of it is attitude!
you have to remember that your instructor wouldnt let you put in for it if he/she didnt think you would be ready for it!

and if they have faith in you YOU have to have faith in you!

you have worked hard to be ready for it and paid out a lot of money! dont ruin it by becoming nervous.

What can i say, you got a point, wise words obi-wan Wink Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the others said, just try to relax and enjoy the ride! I was just pleased to be on a big bike Laughing

Good luck with your tests people Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:52 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

test.......TEST!?!?!?!?!?!? after the lesson i've just had, i'll be fuggin lucky to pass Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad was on my mind all the way around, cocked up the stupidest of things, only surprised i managed to get on the flamin bike the right way!! Laughing hey ho, we can all have off days...........can't we??? Confused

BIKELESS STEVE
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:39 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test is DEAD easy, make sure you CANCEL YOUR INDICATORS - U turn is easy I just twisted round in my seat, took good look behind me and ahead, moved forward and round then came to a stop.
I've got my re-test on the 16th May.. failed due to indicators (as if you couldn't guess!) didn't cancel one.
Make your mirror checks slightly exadurated and make shoulder checks obvious.. to the side not down at your feet. Don't worry if you take wrong exit at roundabout or miss a left turn.. you CANNOT fail for going wrong way unless up one way street. Just Carry on and he/she'll re-route you another way.
Hope that helps! Very Happy

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 23:42 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVEONE wrote:
Test is DEAD easy

Obviously its not that easy if you failed is it. Rolling Eyes

BIKELESS STEVE
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:53 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is easy, I was just careless, It's less nervewracking than a car test as the instuctor isn't watching your every twitch. All you've got to do is ride about for 20 mins - do a u-turn, an emegency stop and make sure you show you're confident on the bike. Finally - what's the point in your comment ? IMO it shows you've got nothing constructive to add. Rolling Eyes

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 00:00 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of my comment is your telling him its easy when it isn't, I passed my test on the second attempt with no minors but failed the first time mainly through nerves so lost my balance and had to put both feet down at a junction. Most people do not pass on their first attempt, what is the point of you saying it is easy so he'd go for it then if he fails feel stupid because he may have found it difficult because of nerves or something. I passed the second time about a month after I failed my first with no minors, so clearly nerves can always get you no matter how good a rider you actually are!

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 00:02 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hear hear
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:02 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

now ladies, lets put those handbags away shall we?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BIKELESS STEVE
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:13 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
what is the point of you saying it is easy so he'd go for it then if he fails feel stupid because he may have found it difficult because of nerves or something.

Ok fair point, I would like my last comment to be striken from the record. I enjoyed my test and apart from the financial implications (another 48 notes) I reviewed what he'd said and didn't feel stupid, just laughed it off and got another one booked.

I was only trying to dispell some of those 'nerves', a lot of people worry about the hazard perception but come out and say 'why was I worried about that?'

It is down to confidence, your instructor wouldn't submit you for a test it they thought you would fail. I did include some constructive comments in my post which my instructor gave me.

The one that made me laugh was when he said the examiner will ask for the radio back before he tells you if you've passed or failed in case you jump up and down on it Laughing Laughing

Jinx
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:19 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

well???? did you pass?

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
test.......TEST!?!?!?!?!?!? after the lesson i've just had, i'll be fuggin lucky to pass was on my mind all the way around, cocked up the stupidest of things, only surprised i managed to get on the flamin bike the right way!! hey ho, we can all have off days...........can't we???

Yes we definatly do have those days. You have to keep focused.

Right after passing (my 2nd attempt) i was feeling quite good Laughing , on the ride back i was riding REALLY BAD.Lol, much worst than a. my test and b. my practice hour before my test. I was too happy, and i guess i was sidetracked becuase i had my bike at home, ready to go!

Just keep focused, concentrate. All you have to do is show the examiner how good you are for 20 mins then you are free... Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1