Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Number of Points on a Provisional Liscence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

NS125RK
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Number of Points on a Provisional Liscence Reply with quote

As you can probably tell from the title I was just wondering how many points can you have on a provisional licence as I have heard people say that you have 12 but I thought you only had 6.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:13 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 points on any type as a rule, but if the following is true,

(Provisinal Licence is also limited to 12 points.)

First full licence (car or bike) no more than 6 points in two years or it's revoked and you have to do it all over again.

If you have a full licence for a car or bike and you passed over two years ago, then you have a total of 12 to use up (unless you have points already), if you add the bike / car CAT, it does not affect your licence with a two year limit of 6 points, you still have 12 points to use up if you want to be stupid, best keep it clean I say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NS125RK
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that so just to clarify I can have up to 12 points on my CBT but when I pass my test I will only be able to have up to 6 for two years and I don't plan on doing anything stupid anymore.

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:53 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have got 12 points your insurance must be through the roof. Shocked
SDR This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:01 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 6 points, thats what i have and when i got given them i was told 1 more point than thats it Crying or Very sad .

So i take it easy now, or do i Twisted Evil .
Well, when the bacon ain't about anyway.

NS125RK
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS125RK wrote:
up to 12 points.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:36 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure coz i had to go to court for it and thats what the judge said. And every time i get pulled over and they check my licence they are always reminding me to take it easy Rolling Eyes .

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

Harman
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:52 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have held a full licence for 2 years and then manage to get 12 points you still do not instantly have a ban. You will be summoned to court and if you can provide them with a good reason you may find that you can keep it with the new points as well(but probably not)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1