BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mike's Crashed!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, thanks for all your well wished, I really apperciate it! Doctors took x-rays of my neck and foot. Foot is just badly bruised with muscle and tissue damage. They were worried I hit my head cos I kept throwing up initially and then started to get pins and needles in both my hands. Nearly fainted in ambulance too! Police were on scene, copper reckons it'll go 50/50. The woman driver in question, when she first got out the car, her first words were "this is your fault, you were up my inside" not "are you ok?" as i stupidly expected clearly lol. The woman tried to get me to admit it was my fault, which I didnt do, but shes convinced it was 100% ,my fault. Only damage she has is 2 big scratches on her front wing and damage to the plastic wheel arch trim that she was worrying about(!) So now, im stuck on crutches, hopefully the bike will be written off as i'll get more from insurance company than i would trying to sell it privately previous to todays incident. Any news, i'll keep you posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 16:29 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about it Sad Hope you get back on your feet (and a bike) soon Smile.

James
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 16:45 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some nasty people about. Surely any normal person would be more concerned about the person lying on the floor under a bike than their NCB.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Quote:
So now, im stuck on crutches,

I've just installed gotomypc on your machine here so at least you can work from home! Laughing

H

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:54 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

headlamp wrote:
I've just installed gotomypc on your machine here so at least you can work from home! Laughing

You tight bastard!

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You tight bastard!

LOL

No, he won't have to pay the subscription to the service!

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 17:08 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the damage isn't too bad.

Were you filtering or in your own lane? I presume filtering if the cop says it's 50/50.

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a very rough diagram of what happened. Car driver in red, me in blue. It was single lane, which branched into 3. I'd already decided to take left hand lane to go straight on. As i approcah the red car, just as im heading into left lane, she indicates left and turns at the same time. I hit her front wing, so you can imagine I was as good as along side her already. She maintains she was indcating for a while before she turned, but if she was, i'd clearly be suicidal to try and undertake her knowing she was going into that lane. What you think? Her fault/My fault/ 50-50?

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you're ok Thumbs Up Hope the bike's not too bad.

From that diagram and what you say then technically you were wrong since you did undertake her. However, you could argue that becasue she didn't indicate that she was changing lanes you thought she was going straight on. But then how many cars indicate to change lane?

This is a bit iffy I think. She could just say you performed the illegal undertake - that way she wouldn't expect anything to be on that side of her car. You could say that she didn't indicate and appeaed to be maintaining her original lane - that you indcated and changed lane then she cut across you (which is what happened anyway).

I would speak to the Police and see what they say. Let us know how it goes - difficult one this!!!

All the best with the recovery Thumbs Up

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 18:05 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

her fault! shes lucky you were turning too of you would've hit her straight in the side...

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 18:06 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't mike turning first + indicating?

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 18:08 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Theres no laws against passing on the inside, its quite leagal to "pass" on the inside, your just not allowed to move to the inside go past and then back in the lane you were originally in. If you were just continueing on your path itts her fault.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 18:08 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting the undertaking asside, If you were in that lane before her and can prove you were in that lane before her then surely she has turned into you?

It's probably best to ask a copper though mate because it's a difficult one for us to judge.

James
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid - Police were present, copper made statements and said to me on the quiet that it'll be 50/50 all day long, regardless of what she is saying. Regardless of any move I maie - legal or illegal, copper said she should have made sure whatever direction she was going was clear. I was indicating, I was along side her, my front wheel was level with her door when she turned, hence why I hit her front wing. All I remember, is sitting on floor, looking at bike behind me, seeing glass everywhere, scratches on lampost, pedals and handles lying on the floor... gutted!

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very nasty part of the NCR where the road widens from one fairly wide lane to three as you approach some traffic lights. If she was nearer the middle of the road and then darted left then techically Mike was not undertaking as he was appraoching the junction in his (narrower) lane.

I spoke to the woman and my view is that she did not see him at all, and as Mike said just went for the lane. She said she indicated, and had seen him earlier in her mirrors. I reckon it's her fault as at the point of impact the road has not widened sufficiently and that she was drifting left having earlier thought to go either straight on or into the outside lane.

All I saw was the aftermath, an emotional woman, a very pale Mike, a very trashed NSR125, a scarred lampost, and a slightly broken nearside front wheel arch rim.

DukeRed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear nothings broken.
Can't belive the nastyness of some people, well hopefully karma will get her.

Jan

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 18:51 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get it all sorted out ok mate. Thumbs Up

These last few days I've noticed cagers being https://www.asdz68.dsl.pipex.com/smile/wanka.gif's more than usual.

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 19:01 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which junction on the North Circular was it? I presume it's around my way?

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was gunnersbury avenue on the north circ, ealing sort of way

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, something like that happened to me about 18 months ago (In my car fortunately). To cut a long story short, I passed a transit van on the inside as I was about to turn off the motorway. Said van decides he wants off too Rolling Eyes he struck me on the side. He tried to use the "he undertook" me line. It didn't workhttps://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage23/9.gif.

Like you he hit me hit me in a position where he MUST have seen me. (should have, rather Confused )

Anyway, he got the rap for it. Glad to here your ok ish though Thumbs Up

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 02:03 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're OK Mike.. I have no idea how you could teach idiots in cars that they need to look where they're going, but someone needs to think up a way! Evil or Very Mad

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

headlamp wrote:
She said she indicated, and had seen him earlier in her mirrors. I reckon it's her fault as at the point of impact the road has not widened sufficiently and that she was drifting left having earlier thought to go either straight on or into the outside lane.

Would you write that down and swear to that in court? If so she's probably fcuked! She admitted that she had already seen him earlier up the road, in that case she should have been aware that a motorcyclist was somewhere near her and have been concentrating.

Stupid bint.

Just my two cents worth.

Last edited by Adam_P on 13:45 - 18 May 2004; edited 1 time in total

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point.....I'll speak to Mike later and mention it.....Mike if I forget then remind me!

H

silent
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:35 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a similar thing happen to me, but i was just behind a woman in a bus lane and she was in the lane to my right, indicated, broke hard and turn left hard all at one and i was of course taken out. I have won the claim after nearly 10 months, and haven injury claim still going through.

First things she said when she got out of the car was what the **** were you doing! its your fault...yada yada yada...i didnt call the police and have learnt through my mistakes. But she also claimed i was undertaking her...i wasnt but even if i had it was in a bus lane so very legal.

I know your case is slightly different but ifdf you were already there then surely its her responsibility not to drive into you...hope you have witnesses that dont bail out, (cos i had one but they never spoke up...muppet!).

All the best gettting this sorted,

Andy

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:57 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update for you all - My foot has gone up like a balloon, all the bruising has come out early which is a good sign and I can now move my toes slightly. Have difficuly moving my leg still as it feels like I've done both my groin and hamstring in. The neck pain I had has now subsided. Still relying on crutches.

As regards my bike, the claim is going through, if I hopefully get paid out, what kind of amount am I looking at? Its a 2001 (51 reg) model which I bought brand new at £3825.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2