Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Theory passed - test booked

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Slavo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:57 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Theory passed - test booked Reply with quote

Hey all, passed my theory today.

34/35

and

49/75

I had a bit of a mishap at the first hazard perception video where I was clicking for things I considered a hazard (kids playing on the edge of a road), to which I scored 0 for. After being convinced of failing I calmed right down and proceeded with the remaining videos and come out on top Smile

A2 test booked for 7 June, with training starting on 5 June.

not cheap (£365), but is one of the top training places in the UK, Bristol Motorcycling Training Centre.

One step closer to losing my L's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 17:02 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, good luck with your test. Thumbs Up

daveiw
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done m8, i passed my theory a couple of weeks back, came straight home and booked a big bike test! 7 WEEK WAIT DOWN HERE ON THE IOW!!!!!!! Bummer Thumbs Down Sad Oh well, let us know how you get on and good luck! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:20 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 13:48 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i failed dam harzard perception by 1 point 43
If im that bad i would of had loads of accidents right
stupid jerks at DVLA want more £££ Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Key67
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done with the theory Thumbs Up

Good luck with your test!

Please visit my lads music site - Thanks! www.afhmusic.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:00 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Theory passed - test booked Reply with quote

Slavo wrote:
Hey all, passed my theory today.

34/35

and

49/75

I had a bit of a mishap at the first hazard perception video where I was clicking for things I considered a hazard (kids playing on the edge of a road), to which I scored 0 for. After being convinced of failing I calmed right down and proceeded with the remaining videos and come out on top Smile

A2 test booked for 7 June, with training starting on 5 June.

not cheap (£365), but is one of the top training places in the UK, Bristol Motorcycling Training Centre.

One step closer to losing my L's

hi mate,congrats on passing
ive got mine on thursday,im a bit worried about the hazrd perception.
ive got the advice cd here and being a car driver for 11 years im clicking on everuy damn thing!
can you click too many times?
is it true theres 11 videos ,10 mwith 1 hazard and 1 with 2?
thannks

Slavo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:29 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are 14 videos, 13 with 1 hazard in, 1 with 2 hazards.

Yes you can click too many times, after i cocked up the 1st video, I stuck to a max of 10 and was ok.

Good luck, the hazards are rather obvious... Most of mine were cars pulling out of junctions in front of you, one were sheep that kept walking in the road Rolling Eyes

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:31 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slavo wrote:

Yes you can click too many times, after i cocked up the 1st video, I stuck to a max of 10 and was ok.

Good luck, the hazards are rather obvious... Most of mine were cars pulling out of junctions in front of you, one were sheep that kept walking in the road Rolling Eyes

your allowed 10 clicks per vid mate?
did they let you do it again after the cock up?

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:37 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slavo wrote:

so let me get this straight,i see a sheep on the road,obviously i click,do i just click once till ive passed all the sheep?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIKELESS STEVE
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:42 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You click once when you see it, again as it materialises (i.e car approaching from side road CLICK, car reaches give way CLICK car pulls out on you CLICK). You should find the hazards are pretty obvious, football coming from side of road, bus stopped on side of road, cyclist approaching parked vehicle.
Good luck Thumbs Up

30sumthin gal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:34 - 22 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed my Theory last week... HP part tough. i've been driving cars for 14 years, and I was spotting hazards too early. I pointed this out to one of the officials and they agreed! Just remember not to click repetitively as you will score 0, and if you see something register the click, then if it looks like you are going to move or slow down click ONCE more.

A good programme to get (cost £9.99) is DRIVING TEST THEORY which includes the Hazard Perception elements and will give you some good tips. It is for PC and you can get it from PC World and Gaming stores. Let us know how you get on...

Good Luck. Thumbs Up Smile Thumbs Up

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 22 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate. Thumbs Up

BikerBen
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:09 - 22 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Slavo. Good luck with the final on the 5th! Also good luck with buying your bike Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 334 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1