Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

fitting a screen to a naked bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

kingrico
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:43 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: fitting a screen to a naked bike Reply with quote

I have considered adding a mini screen to my er-5 because I occasionally use the motorway. I have read on a couple of websites that a mini screen can offer remarkable wind protection but I am not so convinced. Does a screen attached to a naked bike effectively remove windblasts on the motorway?

Theres the PUIG Universal Mini Sports Touring Motorcycle Screen from getgeared.co.uk which looks darn good value. For circa £20 its got to be worth a shot surely Smile

bigwill
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:54 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! Have a look at SKidmarx https://www.skidmarx.co.uk/index.html

I bought a flyscreen for my bandit and it made the world of difference.

pyx_e
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted a puig to my ER5 and it made a noticable difference. Worth the £25ish I spent. Fits easily to ER5 too. Go for it, makes motorways much more doable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Selkie
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:49 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small flyscreen on my GS, takes the windblast off your head but obviously your shoulders and legs still get hit.

It's bearable at motorway speeds for long periods but I usually have a tank bag and sort of lean down onto that so I'm crouched below the level of the screen with the bag supporting my upper body weight *snooze*.

Compared to a fully naked bike it's much more comfortable and the screen I have doesn't completely ruin the look of the bike I'd say go for it, you can get cheap ones and if you don't like it just take if off!

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an ER5 for 3 years and having a screen made a large difference.

I know this because when it broke, the extra wind blast hurt.

----------

And a good screen does help because my ER6 has now better wind protection than my top faired Z750s.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puig streetscreen made a lot of difference to my CB500, definitely worth getting!

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to replace mine with one of these.

https://www.bikehps.com/mra/variotouring_naked.html

Pricey though.

kingrico
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:18 - 17 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the PUIG screen in the end and it looks the part I have to admit Very Happy . What did make me chuckle was when I took the screen out of the box and read the assembly instructions I found at that there was no instructions in English! All in German Laughing . It wasn't rocket science to fix onto my bike which was good news because otherwise I would have had to have taken a college course in German Neutral
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 337 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1