Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fastest 125cc Sport Bike Around Un-Tuned???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Marc_Buck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:32 - 31 May 2004    Post subject: Fastest 125cc Sport Bike Around Un-Tuned??? Reply with quote

i am coming up to 17 in a few months and am addicted to the feel of aacceleration i will be buying the fastest 125 rather than best handling/most reliable so any help please??

THANX

Scouse
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 31 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your test Wink Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 19:46 - 31 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself some road sense before putting yourself at risk eh?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 31 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

the RS and Mito are pretty much identical (i believe they both run on the same Rotax engine)
they have a top speed of around 98mph but if you keep doing this to them, they aren't going to be reliable.
anything faster than about 90mph (even on fast roads as in dual carriageways and motorways) can get you in serious trouble with police
a fast bike shouldn't be priority. you want something reliable but fast enough for what you need it to do. something older would be wise to get some road sense as you know everyone drops the bike at some point. i got a Honda NS125r (the old NSR), which is 15 years old, for £650 and that does 85mph.

priller
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:21 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS-Keith wrote:

they have a top speed of around 98mph but if you keep doing this to them, they aren't going to be reliable.

You'd be suprised, mine's thrashed everywhere without too many problems. It snapped a ring at 10,000km because they wern't changed at 8000km, other than that its been trouble free.

Tyres only last 4000km though.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:48 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: Fastest 125cc Sport Bike Around Un-Tuned??? Reply with quote

The NSR might actually be faster for the newbie as I believe it has more midrange.

Ade067
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:34 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nighteyes wrote:
Get yourself some road sense before putting yourself at risk eh?!

Very good advice Thumbs Up

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 12:11 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe u could buy an RS and cough, take the powervalve restriction out
Fast then
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1