Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Gran Turismo beater?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:23 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Gran Turismo beater? Reply with quote

I wasn't expecting this game but it looks much better than the old one. 400 cars to choose from Shocked the tracks look awesome as well especially the mountain roads, and the visuals Drooling

I haven't played gran turismo (the latest what ever it is) but this looks as though it could just beat it!

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/f/forzamotorsport3/
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching the E3 coverage, Forza 3 looks pretty good. There's a new GT5 video out too (It has damage, but to what degree no one knows yet).

https://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-gran-turismo/50288

From playing Forza2 and GT:Prologue I think Forza 3 will beat GT5. The gameplay in forza if a lot better than GT5, even though it does sacrifice simulation, it makes it more "fun" to play. Along with customization of Forza and "real" damage, if I had to pick which one I buy this Autumn it will probably be Forza 3.

Watch out for need for speed shift, looks similar to grid with a slightly more arcade feel, looks good though.

Luke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT5 wins purely for the fact it will have the Top Gear test track.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had any PC driving game you would have downloaded it already Smile

PC sim games beat all other driving games hands down. I paid £25 for rFactor but its about 200 games rolled into 1.

You just download the mod you want to play, from Go-karts to monster trucks, with every F1 to touring car series ever raced placed in between.

This week I R been mostly racing 2007 F1's at Monaco and the 1988 British touring car championship at Snetterton Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:03 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Forza 2 and spent nearly all my time using the livery editor and making cars. Laughing

Here's some piccies of some of the cars I made.

Police Mustang from Transformers

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/1fbf2ed5-eb19-4295-8746-c5e259efb2e.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/9421b12f-793f-44f5-adde-b4ffc949b14.jpg

Pompey Cars

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/b4972868-0378-40e8-8b46-3fb7ca45e5a.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/a2f63dd8-369a-42a3-bde1-4711d0608b4.jpg

Spider-man Car
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/ff543440-9754-4c4b-9ffb-61bbbba7be6.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/351a3ee9-d0ea-4a26-83ce-d076e45f187.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/babceb47-0059-45fe-af68-94b1b1717d8.jpg

And my pride and joy....

Family Guy Car

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/f1f20eef-8532-4842-a0a3-c20e7b53940.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/7155a303-10a3-455d-b7cf-5142b9d31b2.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/22728f90-4949-4db3-8196-478bc7516f7.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/49c567c2-5942-4860-a667-a0c4a82bc2f.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/226ecaa6-ba21-48ee-8e0d-597e14df040.jpg

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/02bbed7d-471d-4761-8f2e-eafb39127fd.jpg
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Forza%20Paint-jobs%20and%20Photos/852a69cd-b83e-4813-83cf-f9d548d72a4.jpg

They took ages to make (Spider-man and Family guy especially) that I can't even sell the game even though I never play it because I don't want to lose them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:08 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, they are pretty good, I've done very basic ones that took me ages, god knows how long those take Very Happy

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=65757

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=65756
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up

How did you upload the pics like the spider man one?

I had a VX racing touring car rep, I'll upload when I can log in to my account
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You upload then to https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/default.htm when on the xbox. You log into that site using your xbox live account and they should be there Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:16 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look how long GT5 has been in development, I don't think anything will be able to touch GT5 when it's released.
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
Look how long GT5 has been in development, I don't think anything will be able to touch GT5 when it's released.


Thats if it comes out in my lifetime.

Forza 2 was shit hot, it beats GT4 and GT5 prologue. TBF I'm not sure I can be bothered with GT5 anymore I have been waiting for it to come out for so long. It was meant to be realeased with the PS3 I think but instead they chucked out those watered down versions GTHD and GT5P. I'm sure it will be good but Forza 3 actually has a realease date. I'm fed up of sony treating us like Tantalus.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:30 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of the year for GT5 IIRC......maybe, possibly.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:12 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has made me want to buy Forza 2, off to CEX I goes...
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:06 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some forza 3 stats

Tracks/configurations:
Froza 2: 47
Forza 3: 100

GT5P: 7
GT5: Unknown

Cars:
Forza 2: 300
Forza 3: 400

GT5P: 76
GT5: 500-1000 (estimate)

Rez:
Forza 2: 720p
Forza 3: 1080p

GT5P: 1080p
GT5: 1080p

Car Polycount:
Forza 2: 100k
Forza 3: 1000k

GT5P: 200K
GT5: 200k (estimate)

Forza 3 for the win, 100 more cars and double the tracks, its so big I've heard it will ship on 2 discs, 1 of which you can install to the 360 hard drive.

This is really cool as they could have easily held it back and charged us for extra down loadable content.

This is why competition between consoles is good, the consumer always wins Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car count will be used by many as down side to Forza, thing is probalbly 80% of them you'll never use anyway.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

80% in forza or GT5?

GT always has a high car count, but that have A LOT of crap cars in there.

Forza sticks to the high end stuff you want to drive anyway.

Don't fancy buying a game drving round in a shitty ford escort Smile

Only thing missing from Forza were F1 cars, or at least F1 styled cars, like GT's Polyphony Digital cars.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:

Forza sticks to the high end stuff you want to drive anyway.


Porsche 914 wat.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok apart from the odd shocker, though I think I liked the 914?

But its better than the reems of shitty Daihatsu of varying model and trim

Daihatsu 2008 MXz
Daihatsu 2008 MXw
Daihatsu 2007 with th extra bolt on the fucking door handle


And so on Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
80% in forza or GT5?

GT always has a high car count, but that have A LOT of crap cars in there.

Forza sticks to the high end stuff you want to drive anyway.

Don't fancy buying a game drving round in a shitty ford escort Smile

Only thing missing from Forza were F1 cars, or at least F1 styled cars, like GT's Polyphony Digital cars.


S'funny cause I quite enjoy ragging round the slower cars, that is one of the worse elements of Forza 2 imo, though it still has a fairly good number. You really have to concentrate on getting your lines right etc.

GT always had about 500 different Skyline variants, which I don't think you can really count as unique cars.

Here's hoping the increased number of tracks is mainly made up of real ones and not crappy computer generated ones. Roll on October.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:08 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Plus there's a high likelihood that it will also feature several Australian race tracks as well. You beauty!


If they have Australian tracks I hope Bathurst and Philip Island are included.

Would be nice to see Brands hatch or Donnington in there. They need to get rid of Silverstone, its a bore of a track in every racing game I've played.

laguna Seca still my No#1 from the GT and Forza games Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to log into my account, here's my touring car rep Cool

https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/rac3r786/8523bc57-1dd0-4185-ac5b-ec01333b86c.jpg

https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/rac3r786/068272f3-2947-40b2-924f-c67f52d48d8.jpg

https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/rac3r786/5ac5e595-775a-4259-9113-28dfee58a7f.jpg

Took me ages! Mostly because I didn't know you could upload pics so I had to use all the shapes and pre set stickers Laughing

Back OT I can't wait for the real world roads like the mountain one in the trailer Thumbs Up
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:44 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac3r wrote:


Took me ages! Mostly because I didn't know you could upload pics so I had to use all the shapes and pre set stickers Laughing




You can't upload pics. I used all the preset shapes and stuff for mine as well. Took days to do them. Laughing


That's pretty impressive as well, I'm liking the Vauxhall logo. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:03 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when could you upload pics? Was it in an update?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:06 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Forza 2 and i'm really enjoying it, however what is the best policy, to keep modifying generally rubbish cars, currently plumping a lot of money into a Clio Cup V6 and a Lotus Elise 111s, or shall I sell them and buy better?

Cheers. Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:39 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same a few weeks ago. I don't think there really is a best policy, it's just a case of whatever floats your boat. When you're doing the career races you can always pick the class you're racing as, so the slower stuff is useful for as long as you can be bothered with it.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.36 Sec - Server Load: 1.91 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 143.76 Kb