Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Booked my theory test any tips or tricks?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Theoutsider
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 18 Aug 2009    Post subject: Booked my theory test any tips or tricks? Reply with quote

I`ve just booked my theory test for bikes and I will be there around 1st of september.For the moment i`m doing 42,43 I did a 44 but I did 35 out of 50 aswell.I`m still learning the highway code hopefully everything will be fine.I don`t know what to say about hazard perception test,there are things so far that you can`t even see and they are asking us do see them. Any tips ? Thank you
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 18 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The multiple choice is easy - just learn all the answers... job done.

The hazard perception is more difficult - it's less about hazard perception and more about operating the software correctly. Get some practice runs in. Don't get pissed off if you get disqualified from some clips though - I was disqualified from a couple (too many mouse clicks) and still walked it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:45 - 19 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just practice, practice and practice more, multiple choice and hazard perception.

Practice makes BETTER. Thumbs Up
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Theoutsider
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:09 - 19 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank your for te advices.Now i`m doing 45,46 out of 50 Very Happy. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:57 - 19 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.theory-tests.co.uk

sign up and practice.

theres also a hazard awareness cd out there in internet land if you know where to look Wink
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kebabshop
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:31 - 20 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

supZ wrote:

theres also a hazard awareness cd out there in internet land if you know where to look Wink


I have recently passed my theory test using a guide as mentioned. The DSA CD included all the questions you would be posed and it sets the mock test out the same way as you see it on the screen when you sit your test. I also have a download with a setup of hazard awareness clips on. If you send me a PM, I am quite happy to post you a copy as I no longer need it.

The theory part is common sense, but the hazard awareness is open for debate. I scored 47 out of 75 (Just scraping the pass mark!), as the interpretation of hazards could be open for debate. I only clicked once or twice per clip, but looking back, I wish I had clicked more, as I might have hit more fives instead of the odd 1, as I was worried about getting the big Red X for being over eager with the clickies!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

leeclissett
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:08 - 20 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multi choice bit is a piss, just take an evening to do some solid revision. There aren't many questions and the answers are common sense most of the time.

The key to the hazard perception bit is only click when you would need to alter your direction or slow down. As i'd been a car driver for years I found myself spotting loads of potential hazards but you only need to click when it becomes a hazard.

Example - as you approach a farm entrance there is a tractor sat waiting, the voice in your head says he's probably too busy thinking about cabbage and he's just going to pull out on you, dont click yet! The second you see him pull out it becomes a hazard as you will need to slow down.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Theoutsider
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 20 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for the tips.I`ve got a thing with hazard perception test now and i`m not doing very good, I did a maximum of 47,i did 45 ,35 and so on.The questions now are not a big problem i`m doing around 48 now,hopefully i`ll do more because my test is on 3rd.Thank you again people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bacon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:28 - 20 Aug 2009    Post subject: Re: Booked my theory test any tips or tricks? Reply with quote

Theoutsider wrote:
Booked my theory test any tips or tricks?


revise the highway code and practice is all can be said tbh, good luck Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 63.3 Kb