Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:08 - 13 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lets just call it even then! Wink

Although you HAVE done cadwell before! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 15:17 - 13 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:
Introduction were made Stu, I guess you weren’t listening! Did you just think I was a random guy who decided to park with you?!

Laughing Was I busy at all, I must've missed the introductions, sorry dude. But yeah as G said I thought you may have been someone from another forum who knew another one of us lot.

Good to meet you anyway Jay12329 Thumbs Up

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to meet you all on Friday guys. Bendy spotted me being shy and quiet as I walked around the paddock. Should have realised it was the BCF lot, especiall with Matjay wearing his t-shirt!Knew I had found a use when Bendy handed me her camera and told me to go and take pictures of everyone on track. (I tried to get some 'arty' shots of Dusty and G but they were going too fast for where I was standing).

Gutted for McJ for missing a session because of the fuel pump then the shunt.

Asked Korn where he'd put his tax disc... Whistle Which got an answer I wan't quite expecting. Laughing

Laura definately perked up after the two cans of Red Bull at lunchtime. Wink

And Dusty looked like he'd done a track day too many with his crutches. I think everyone else in the paddock must have thought he was real hardcore to want to go out around Cadwell in that state!

Sorry I left early peeps. I forgot that I had actually arranged to meet my better half at just before 5pm and had to get a wriggle on. Made for a nice ride home though. Next time you come up I'll show you some more of the back roads between the circuit and Lincoln by-pass so you can enjoy the trip back more. Wink

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:37 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just whipped the fairing and crankcase cover off so can detail the full extent of the damage.

Arrow Small crack around one of the fairing mountings.
Arrow Scuffed/melted patch on the fairing.
Arrow Worn and holed crank case cover.
Arrow Possible cracked coolant bottle, although I think its just leaked when it was on its side. I've wiped it down and will check back.
Arrow Buggered crash bung - have e-mailed R&G to see if I can get a replacement, as per Bendy's suggestion.
Arrow Slightly worn rear wheel spindle - should clean up easily with a dremel.

So - thats £80 for the crankcase cover and she'll be back on tha road. Thats if I can get the alternator off te thing. I need to go tool shopping in the morning as its on with torx (sp) bolts. Other than that its ok. I shall replace the bung and probably add some swingarm protectors before next time too.

My aches and pains are fading, just a patch on my left shoulder and hip where I took the initial impact. Nowt major.

As for my riding kit - thats being claimed on the house contents insurance. Mainly for the 300 mile old boots and the leather trousers, but the 'rents want to get the jacket as well. Suits me.

bikegirl
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:17 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a cracking day. I'm envious of course!

Good times Korn and G. Nice to have someone timing you. And good pics too - did you lot do the track ones or did you pay the professionals?

Hopefully back on track very soon myself.... Praying

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:20 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

We take the BCF photographer, Mr Kickstart, with us. He's doubly useful in that not only does he take cracking photos, he can fix things too. Like broken Ninjas and Passats. Thumbs Up

bikegirl
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:26 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I did Cadwell someone took a pic of me doing a cack-my-pants wheelie on The Mountain. Turned out he'd not pressed the shutter properly Sad

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:10 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I took most of the pictures (although G took a load when he had a play with my camera), and other people chipped in a few pics as well.

Think Laura had a small moment when the front wheel was not in contact with the ground over the mountain Laughing .

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:33 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the pics I took with Keith's camera were a bit dodgy because I was playing with (too) slow shutter speeds and panning.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 11:25 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first track day and I didn’t end up on my arse! Very Happy
Day started with me driving around Lincoln trying to find Crispins’ house, managed to find him took a look at his duke, (no that is a nice piece of kit!) Then set off for Cadwell. We caught up with a convoy of bike just off the A46, bout 12 of us riding together. My first group ride it put a huge smile on my face. We all got stuck at the road works, so when we eventually got to the track the briefing had already started. We squeezed in to the packed room. This is where I started to really shit myself! We manage to sign on but by then it’s to late to join the fun of the first session. Just watch everyone go past for a while. Had something to eat then started to get insanely nervous as I got my stuff together.
The call went out, “Novice riders to the holding area.” I pull on my lid start her up and all my nerves disappear as I pull off. Sit in the holding area starting to get a bit unsure of myself, I look up and sat in front of me is a little guy on a huge bike wobbling from one tip-toe to the other, then I notice his t-shirt over the leather. It’s Mar Jay! Laughing
Get out on track and I really get into it. The bike lacks a bit down the striate but we carve our way through the corners. Before I know the checked flag is out. Once more round and I miss the exit! Have to go up the quite steep on-ramp, stalling in front of the inter riders! Embarassed
I sit down and the guy next to us asks if it’s my first track day cus I have a huge grin on my face! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I spot the rest of the guys and go over to chat. Before I know it we are back in the holding area.
It was a great day, really enjoyed riding my bike the way she wants to be ridden. Cant wait for the next track day.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:03 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:

sat in front of me is a little guy on a huge bike wobbling from one tip-toe to the other, then I notice his t-shirt over the leather. It’s Mar Jay! Laughing

That actually made me laugh out loud in the office and everyone looked at me funny. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:15 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin R&G do (well they did when I had the bike and asked them Laughing ) do replacement plastic bits, or you can get new bolts if they've slightly bent. It was I think £20 and £5 respectivly from memory which is actually cheaper than what half a kit would cost Laughing. Very Happy

Hope the repairs all go well Very Happy Very Happy . Thumbs Up

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:21 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta Ste, I'll check that out.

Well, the new crank case cover turned up today but I didcovered that the coil is held in by torx bolts so I buggered off to fetch some bits. Get back and start to undo the bolts. Or not. They've just started to strip and round instead, so I've had to take it into an engineering place to get that sorted. The bloke thinks he can weld the hole too, so with any luck I'll be able to flog it on ebay.

Still, thats another day and another £20...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:26 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:

sat in front of me is a little guy on a huge bike wobbling from one tip-toe to the other, then I notice his t-shirt over the leather. It’s Mar Jay! Laughing
Actually I prefer to describe it as deftly balancing my steed! Razz

Bendy wrote:
That actually made me laugh out loud in the office and everyone looked at me funny. Laughing

And as for you young lady, I'll have words later! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:19 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there on the 10th, it was a Speed Freak day with Whitham. I went with my uncle with 6 of his 1977 Honda MT125R's to see if they were all running fine for the Post TT at Mallory. He had a couple of his mates there and we had a right time terrorising the curcuit around all the corners weaving in and around all these poor souls that had to wield an extra 100kg on top of what we had to. My uncle knows all the organisers really well so we got to go out with any of the groups. I missed the first novice group so went out with the Intermediate group with 1 of my uncles m8s. I was suprised at how slow some of the guys where around the bends and how early they put the brakes on, obviously as soon as we got to the straights we got pasted by the 100+bhp machines as we only had 28bhp to play with. Saw a couple of nice Kwac KR1s there and an NSR250. I'll be at another another soon, but back on my 1992 Honda RS125.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2