BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I hate BMW driver's soooooooooo much !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a load of quality social issues one person's incident with a BMW driver can raise!

I think it's fair to say that owning a car is no longer a class issue - the world of HP has pretty made sure of that (as long as you fit into the 'subject to status' clauses!)...

What I think most people have missed is why people buy the cars they buy (and I say this after skimming through all the posts, not studying them). Just take a look at the ads, they are selling a lifestyle, not just four wheels and an engine. It's not suprising that Mr/Mrs BMW (or any 'prestige' car) are stupid enough to believe that their money has bought them some high place in society, therefore behaving like idiots...

And lets be honest, we're all guilty of the same - Most motorbikes on the road are toys, we get the bike that represents our personality or the one we want (to an extent). Even more true is the fact we buy these 'toys' and only get to use about 50% of their potential. Whenever we buy anything, we are also selling our beliefs and attitudes, the basis of this very forum...

Anyhoo, before I ramble (to late for that one eh? Wink )

Take care, you're loving psych graduate!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Crazy Manx Man
The Fly Swatter

PostPosted: 16:32 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

headlamp wrote:
Crazy Manx Man wrote:
Interesting...

It appears that it's the 'working class' that actually have issues with branding a typical BMW driver, just that - a typical BMW driver.

I woudn't be considered as 'working class' (degree educated, company owner, etc.) yet have a real issue with BMW drivers! It is wrong to generalise, however why is it that 90% of the 'incidents' that occur on my daily journey involve BMW's or Mercedes?

And how many times have you encounted a BMW and not experienced an issue of somesort? You don't take those into account do you? If you have an issue with every BMW driver out there, then it's you who clearly has the elitist problem. (not saying you do)

Quote:
*ahem, thats not the way it looked when i was rapidly catching up with him and being forced to ease of the accelerator. *ahem cough cough

Quote:

Erm, no it was 330 Ci - not a 330 Cd. In other words, 2979 cc petrol engine with 231 bhp. Compared to my 1998 cc with 197 bhp.

Still doesn't mean it wasn't an automatic? We all know how they drive now, don't we? and I doubt the Civic was holding it's ground as much as you say it was. Razz

Quote:
The ethos of brand BMW is superiority, and it is the 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. Therefore I guess the psyche of a BMW driver is that when he is stuck between a van and bus and we bikers zoom past him he gets frustrated. Therefore, to re-affirm his status he deliberately or sub-consciously blocks the lines bikes filter down. I challenge anyone to come round the North Circular Road, in the rush hour, and see for themselves.

PAHAHAHAHA! First time I've heard this one. Totally new to me, are cars not allowed to overtake, which involves moving out from behind the vehicle in front to get a better view of the road ahead to see if it's safe or not? . Laughing Laughing

Besides this tosh: byke95, has some good points. Thumbs Up

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
The ethos of brand BMW is superiority, and it is the 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. Therefore I guess the psyche of a BMW driver is that when he is stuck between a van and bus and we bikers zoom past him he gets frustrated. Therefore, to re-affirm his status he deliberately or sub-consciously blocks the lines bikes filter down. I challenge anyone to come round the North Circular Road, in the rush hour, and see for themselves.

PAHAHAHAHA! First time I've heard this one. Totally new to me, are cars not allowed to overtake, which involves moving out from behind the vehicle in front to get a better view of the road ahead to see if it's safe or not? .

But there's nowhere to overtake! As I said earlier, this is 6 miles of up to three lanes of solid traffic! I'm sure I'm not the first bike ever to go past them and the majority of other cars allow a fairly decent gap to allow bikes to make progress! BMW drivers don't!

Quote:
And how many times have you encounted a BMW and not experienced an issue of somesort? You don't take those into account do you? If you have an issue with every BMW driver out there, then it's you who clearly has the elitist problem.

About 1 in 20 are decent drivers. I do not have the same problem with other makes! Until this thread I genuinely thought it was only me who had a problem - clearly not. I don't think that makes me elitist

Pete
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 15 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the original posts, that BMW drivers on the whole are arrogant, mindless and cannot handle their cars (racers excepted)
When the sun is shining, my mother and I use my car, 1973 MG Midget. Typical encounter with a BMW or something of the same breed. Sees us coming, accelerates, so do we. He accelerates more, so do we. When he gets ahead due to the low top end of the Midget, we come to a corner. Having gone in too fast and without thinking of a line, the other car driver panics and hits the brakes. When we catch up, we just roar past giving a great view of the back of a proper car. He can easily outdo us top end wise, but we kick the sh1t out of him accelerating, braking and cornering, the most important things to be able to do. My view is this : learn to drive before you try to race your shiny new toy, otherwise you will get embarrassed.
Pete
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2