Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How many times did you need to pass your test?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

How many attempts to pass your FULL bike test?
1st Time
60%
 60%  [ 20 ]
2nd Time
30%
 30%  [ 10 ]
3rd Time
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
4th Time
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5th Time
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More than 5 - be honest!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

daveiw
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 18 Jun 2004    Post subject: How many times did you need to pass your test? Reply with quote

OK, I know I probably don't really want to know.... BUT I've got my big bike test on Tuesday 22nd June, Few days time! Bit worried, especially as I've already bought a new bike! Be gutted if I fail! So I'm wondering how many times did everyone take his or her test? I've heard different stories on the bike tests, some mates said it was a sod to pass, and others said nearly imposable to fail! Just curious, and of course I'll let you lot know if I pass, test is at 3.27, so I won't post until evening as I hope to be out and about on the new bigger toy Razz

Obviously this poll only applies to those with a full license as this is all I'm interested in - sorry learners Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 18 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed second time, first time I just made stupid mistakes by edging forward at traffic light and the examiner thought I was gonna go thu them.
And I went round a roundabout in the outside lane instead of the inside to go right, both were serious errors and I failed. Sad

Second time though, I stayed calm and thought before I manouvered, I passed with only 3 Minor faults too!

In summary just stay calm, think and ride safely.

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:27 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any change in speed/road position, observations first, that is a piece of advice someone gave me, although I haven't even done my theory yet, so I don't know. Smile

daveiw
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like Tuesday's going to rain as well Evil or Very Mad Does this affect taking the test?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Just brake a little more gently etc. Watch that e stop.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveiw wrote:
Look like Tuesday's going to rain as well does this affect taking the test?

I took my car test in the rain, he said he wouldn't bother with the emergency stop and would give me a little more room for error due to it pissing it down! Hopefully they do the same on the bike test.

Just remember to leave a larger gap between you and the car/bike in front because of the extra stopping distance in rain etc, I got I minor for that until I realised that I should be further back Doh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 23:42 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st time.

I found it pretty easy and it felt like it only lasted 5 minutes.

daveiw
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:53 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit, I really don't want to do the test in the rain, but I don't want to wait any longer either Confused Wish me luck - I'm going in! Very Happy

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveiw wrote:
Got to admit, I really don't want to do the test in the rain, but I don't want to wait any longer either Confused Wish me luck - I'm going in! Very Happy

Good luck, but you won't need it.

Just stay calm, think before you manouvre, do your life savers, cancel your indicators!!!!!!!!! And Just ride for yourself.

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:01 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st time!! thought i'd blown it after 5 minutes, so thought "sod it" & just enjoyed the rest of the ride, PASS!!!! Shocked nearly shat meself, was convinced i'd failed heh heh. Very Happy

Slavo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:56 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The test is easy to pass, although it is also easy to fail!

Very few people fail from clocking up 15 minors. As your only out on the road for 20 minutes.

I went the wrong way due to the instructor thinking that there was a roundabout ahead and not traffic lights. She said left at the roundabout, so I continued straight through the lights, she turned left and told me to safely turn around.

Shitting myself I did so, she soon stopped me and apologised.

Watch for the stop line Wink
and double mini-roundabouts, the exits are literally the the same part as onjoining the following one.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My test was about 40 mins and TBH I enjoyed it Confused

Slavo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:13 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told it lasts 50 minutes, which includes fitting your earpiece etc...

then you ride out 10 minutes to a quiet place to do your set pieces. You are then told to go round the block (on your own). Where the instructor is off their bike, you go left-left-left-left to be back where the instructor is and when they raise their hand, you brake like a kids run out in front of you without locking up Wink

After this you push your bike round in a U-turn, then ride it back in a U-turn.

Then you ride back to the centre to be told you passed Wink

*edit*
Well, that was how mine went.

daveiw
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, I'm not nervous of taking the test, just be gutted if I fail! I've got my big bike, had it for nearly a month now, and waited 7!!!! yes 7!!! weeks since booking the test! If I fail......

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:56 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveiw wrote:
thanks guys, I'm not nervous of taking the test, just be gutted if I fail! I've got my big bike, had it for nearly a month now, and waited 7!!!! yes 7!!! weeks since booking the test! If I fail......

bloody hell mate, you sound llike me!!!! Laughing Got my CBR weeks before my test and had to endure looking at it for about a month!! Crying or Very sad

Make sure you pass the thing, good luck Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my biggest worry was the U turn as if you fail that you fail the test! The instructors took me round the test areas and they were all crappy, bumpy, thin roads. On the test the instructor stoped at a huge side road that was about 3 lanes wide! Lucky or what Very Happy Practice loads of U turns and remeber that on your test you can pretty much ignore what the guy says over the radio if you want, you can ignore his route if you want as long as what you do is safe and controled! Thats all he's interested in.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:59 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could handle having my bike before the test, as it is I am down at the dealers every weekend looking at it, sitting on it, and generally loving it up Smile

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:49 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed 1st time with 3 minors.

Just take your time, make good observations and practise your u-turns!

Inglesina94
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:40 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the rain ... if it is really bad they will postpone the test ... although it will mean longer wait for you!!

I have failed my first one on many many things. Now practising for the second one which will be in a couple of weeks time.

Can't understand how you bough the bike before the test, not sure I couldm the temptetion would be far far too much!!

Good luck Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1