33%  [ 10 ]
Easy with a quick flic through the highway code
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Easy, no revision necassary
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 18:46 - 18 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The theory test is unspeakably simple. In, prod the computer for 5 mins, out again. If you're already on the roads, you should know everything they ask already. Whizz through the highway code a couple of times and you're sorted.

I can't vouch for the Hazard Perception test, cos I didn't have to do it. Smile
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:33 - 18 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't hurt to revise, although I don't have mine until the 2nd of July, my Mum has just done hers, and said it was easy, she could have done it without the DSA book, but it kept her score high, as opposed to scraping through.
Might get unlucky, better to be sure Smile

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

...erm, just going thru my Highway Code (after 15 years of being on 4 wheels) and wondering if stopping distances are included in the DAS/theory??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:58 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are in the questions, but if you will get those questions I don't know.

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
They are in the questions, but if you will get those questions I don't know.

It's been a looong time since I took my original driving test, which didn't include a formal theory test at the time -

It's just that it occurs to me that the stopping distances are typical distances for a car to stop at various speeds...
(and I guess we all know that the majority of bikes can accelerate and stop noticeably quicker than most cars)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 17:33 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

it aint the theory test that is hard.
its the hazard perception
i failed by 1 point on it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the CDROMs that were mentioned elsewhere would be worth the money then?! Question

paulcdb
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:30 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
it aint the theory test that is hard.
its the hazard perception
i failed by 1 point on it

lol, i failed by 2 the first time but then that was also after an all nighter of no sleep and it was hot in there so trying to keep awake was taking all my concentration... passed no problem with a bit of sleep yesterday, lol

It is easy though, i'd advise you to get hold of the hazard perception cd from someone though so you get a good run through of what "they" expect you to see, i found when i tried to CD test i was only clicking once and usually too soon when i should be clicking regularly during the hazard for them to register the mark

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:13 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it to be very easy, i've been on the road for about a year and a half. I did a few practice questions using a computer programme which familiarized me with the content of the test. I couldn't believe how easy it was when i was in there, some of the questions were stupid and i had to laugh (in my head). The hazard perception was also very easy, the hazards are easy to spot especially the transit vans at the side roads Rolling Eyes . Also had a horse running round going mad on mine, any one else had that one.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 01:46 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had to do the Theory test (been riding far too long), so I thought 'Let's see what all the fuss is about', and took the online one on the DVLA web page.
35 out of 35 1st time.
So it's got to be easy.

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 02:38 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one on the dvla web site is gay, it let me to believe i got 35 out of 35 aswell.
buy the cd-rom and u wont
ull probably pass, but its a little bit harder than that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:19 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

All questions on both theory tests are drawn from a bank of about 230 different questions. memorise these and you shall have no trouble passing the actual test. i got 34/35 on my car test, and with no revision, passed my bike theory a week later with 34/35 again Razz

https://www.2pass.co.uk/35test.htm

read the car ones, only when you can get 100% allt he time (or near that) move intot he bikes ones and pick up on the few extra questions they throw in for bikers

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Easy with alot of revision

That one.

Buy/borrow/copy the official combined theory/hazzard perception test CD-ROM for the PC. Revise untill you are aceing the tests 100% (will only take a few days), and you will pass easily.

I did that and got top marks, and a very high hazzard perception mark, on both car and bike exams.

I dont think just flicking through the highway code will help very much. The CD gives you pretty much the exact same questions in the same format. Hazzard is the same.

Do what i say, and a cant see why you wont get full marks.

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
All questions on both theory tests are drawn from a bank of about 230 different questions. memorise these and you shall have no trouble passing the actual test. i got 34/35 on my car test, and with no revision, passed my bike theory a week later with 34/35 again Razz

https://www.2pass.co.uk/35test.htm

read the car ones, only when you can get 100% allt he time (or near that) move intot he bikes ones and pick up on the few extra questions they throw in for bikers

I just tried the link and got a 30/35 pass with absolutely no previous knowledge, training or revision. Also, considering I took my driving test 15 years ago (before formal theory tests were introduced), I was pretty pleased with that.

I'll still be making sure I visit a few book shops tomorrow, and try to get the hazard perception CD, and the DAS book... and maybe a current copy of the Highway Code too! Wink

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 04:13 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it pretty easy , but I did study fairly hard cd`s and stuff Smile

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:55 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 34/35 on my car test nearly three years ago.

Managed 33/35 and 61/75 on Saturday for my bike theory and the hazard perception with no studying at all. It is common sense. If you drive the hazard perception is very very easy, I missed a blatent five points whilst scrathing my head with the locker key!

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 22:10 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i failed the theory first time, but i aced the q's, however doing the HPT stoned off your fucking tits is never good. However second time sober i got 34-35 and and passed the HPT by 14 marks i think. Btw they throw in some random new questions youve never seen before or that are derivitives of the old questions.

Book a theory test with ADS, the give you the cd's and test for 20 quid.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the theory test question book (for £4.99), which apparently includes something like 200+ questions and derivatives aimed specifically at motorcyclists.

I'll also continue practicing the HPT online for now too.... I may get the CDROM which I can buy online for £6.99

...you may have guessed that I like to be well prepared Wink Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 284 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1