Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Reg/Rec VFR400

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shaheed
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:37 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reg/Rec VFR400 Reply with quote

Seems like these things go all too often. My bike seems to be having some starting problems. Did some searching on the WEb and came up with the following site:

https://www.electrexworld.co.uk/

They sell Reg/Recs for VFR400's that are supposed to be more heat resistant than the OEM stuff, and should last longer. THey are UK based and give a one year guarantee (unusual for electrical goods).

Has any of you ever used their equipment, and should it last as long as they say?!?

Later

T.C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter who owns Electrex was in the unit across the yard from me (I had my bike business on the same estate) and I would guess that we were one of his best customers as were always replacing regulator/rectifyers.

The kit they produce is well made, considerably cheaper than OE stuff, is usually heavier duty than OE and if you turn up on the doorstep (Stoke Row is just outside Henley on Thames) Peter will help you fit it, or Martin and Ron in Taylor Engineering will help you.

VFR reg/rectifyers are his biggest sellers, and I know that peter is researching and improving the product all the time.

Electrex do a whole range of electrical components made on the premises, and we used to act as guinea pigs for him so that he could check out that something worked before he offered it for sale, these days he uses Martin and his Blackbird as his test bed due to the fact that I decided to close down 3 years ago much to his (Peters) annoyance! Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1