Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'was it you?' forum?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

DaveS
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:06 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: 'was it you?' forum? Reply with quote

How about a 'was it you?' forum such as those on some forums where people can post when they see another biker in their area and see if they are a member of this forum.

..DaveS

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 15:19 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Chat Thumbs Up

It's hardly a reguarly occuring event, so it's a waste of a forum.

DaveS
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:04 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point!

I'll get my coat.

..DaveS

Ninja
Caption Abuser

PostPosted: 16:20 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree - if the forum was there, it'd be used a lot - having said that, there's a lot of 'bikes out there . . .

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:29 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the map system that is being developed, you'll be able to see who is near you. The MCN Ninjas forum has a "Was it you?" forum, but that works better as well its for Ninjas bikes only and they don't make up 100% of the bikes out out there.

Think how many bikes you normally see when you're out going somewhere, then think how many people there are on this forum. Would you actually bother to read through them all on the vague off chance that one of the people who you passed happens to be someone on here? Confused I know I wouldn't as I don't have that amount of interest really.

If you keep on seeing the same biker, you could post it in the regional forums as you do tend to see the same traffic day in, day out on your commute or whatever and just try and catch him at the petrol station or something one time if you want to chat.

The map will hopefully kind of help sort stuff like this out, but when people post up introducing themselves them tend to say where they are from and stuff like what bike they have so you'd be able to tell if someone joined who lives not far away and you see every so often riding around. Smile

Ste
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 318 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1