Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The First Ride

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:27 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: The First Ride Reply with quote

I had my first ride today up from London to Ipswich. Had only ridden on my CBT before this. Wish I'd got better weather for it though. Still, I've done it in awful conditions (crosswinds and chucking it down) so in theory it should be easier next time right?

Is it just me or was anyone else knacked after theirs? Tired but excited at the same time. And did anyone elses muscles ache?

I love riding, want to go out again - and I was 4½ hours on it today. Thumbs Up Very Happy Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 01:29 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always found my right hand kills after a long ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:37 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to stop halfway up the A12 when I realised that even if i needed to, i couldn't grab the front brake. 10 minutes rest and it was fine to jump back on again. But then, 125s aren't designed for that sort of journey and the roads not designed for bikes. Bits of tarmac and patches everywhere. Bumpy as hell in places. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:34 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think your muscles are hurting my neck and shoulders are killing could be somthing to do with the fact that I didnt slown down below 100mph on the way home Laughing and on a naked bandit it gets windy at least you had fun Cool

Reano
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 03:53 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate windy conditions, specially sinse im on such a light bike, but yea, when its raining i love it Razz.
i normally find my left hand goes all tingley and my fingers go all numb after long rides, think its cos of the vibration.

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get ache on my left, clutch lever hand. Gone now. The muscles need time to build up.

You probably realise you need alot more muscles for riding than you think. When i say muscles i mean stamina muscle not big power muscles...

But yeah, just carry on riding and you will find you will get used to it. Long rides do ache, doesn't help if you have a sports bike...Worth it though.

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Claud says you get used to it, my hands used to ache for ages after a ride.

Now they only ache if I'm stuck in heavy traffic and using the clutch to much, but saying that my right knee has been killing me when I'm riding, Is there a doctor in the house. Laughing

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: The First Ride Reply with quote

Mantzy wrote:
I had my first ride today up from London to Ipswich.

Out of interest, what bike were you riding?

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:25 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: The First Ride Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:
Mantzy wrote:
I had my first ride today up from London to Ipswich.

Out of interest, what bike were you riding?
my sachs which he had just brought off me Laughing at least he had fun I went from southampton to london then he rode it from london to ipswich

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:10 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i've gotta say, it's great. Been bombing around everywhere just because I can. Rode it for 4 hours today around the whole area. Felixstowe, Woodbridge, Ipswich, A12, A14, Orwell Bridge. aah bliss. Manages 85 if i push it some, but generally cruises nicely at 80. Did upset me a little when I saw someone zoom past at about 120 carrying a pillion Sad . Don't know what he was riding because he went too fast for me to see. The joy of 125s!

I know what you mean about building up stamina in your muscles. Had the bike now for 2 days and have been riding it lots. But even so, it doesn't seem to hurt as much today as it did the first day and I was riding it for a similar length of time. Plus, I also believe it helps if you relax more. Which I definately know I wasn't doing before. It's great even for very small trips. 5 minute walk to the shop? Nah, jump on the bike and take the long way around. Found a great roundabout near my house that I've decided will be great for learning to corner well on. Fast and large, but with lots of traffic. If I time it right I get the whole thing to myself and then I am it's God. Thumbs Up Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

Its all getting too much, I must go ride again.

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:33 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mantzy wrote:
And i've gotta say, it's great. Been bombing around everywhere just because I can. Rode it for 4 hours today around the whole area. Felixstowe, Woodbridge, Ipswich, A12, A14, Orwell Bridge. aah bliss. Manages 85 if i push it some, but generally cruises nicely at 80. Did upset me a little when I saw someone zoom past at about 120 carrying a pillion Sad . Don't know what he was riding because he went too fast for me to see. The joy of 125s!

I know what you mean about building up stamina in your muscles. Had the bike now for 2 days and have been riding it lots. But even so, it doesn't seem to hurt as much today as it did the first day and I was riding it for a similar length of time. Plus, I also believe it helps if you relax more. Which I definately know I wasn't doing before. It's great even for very small trips. 5 minute walk to the shop? Nah, jump on the bike and take the long way around. Found a great roundabout near my house that I've decided will be great for learning to corner well on. Fast and large, but with lots of traffic. If I time it right I get the whole thing to myself and then I am it's God. Thumbs Up Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

Its all getting too much, I must go ride again.
I take it your having fun with her then thats good to see just dont push her to far coz she bites Twisted Evil like when I nearly highsided Twisted Evil but I saved it just take it nice and easy.... on second thought thrash the fecking life out off it treat it like a bad women Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1