Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Where do I get them?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Where do I get them? Reply with quote

I have seen these smart boots and after asking several times in the thread that they were posted in and getting no reply, I thought i'd just ask. So, where do I get these from, anyone know?

Last edited by Adam.I on 19:16 - 21 Feb 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:31 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bike shop is an ideal place to start Rolling Eyes

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well aren't you sharp as a tack.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:34 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

T'is a bit obvious though? is it not...

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well obviously. You see, you ask a simple question, and you expect a nice, simple reply, not some smart-ass tyring to be funny. Never mind, hopefully someone else will tell me.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:38 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, what's to tell??

You buy bike boots from a bike accessories shop.. that's all you asked?

If you want to know a specific shop then where do you live? where can you get to?

If you want an online shop to order from, then say so and people will reply with proper answers..

www.bigbikebook.com
www.jsaccessories.co.uk
www.sondel.co.uk
www.harpersracewears.co.uk (i think)

or www.google.co.uk it!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:41 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not want to buy them from an online shop as you at least want to go and try them on. And as Yams says it is very obvious where you get them from, a bike shop just like where you get all other bike related stuff from. They'll have those boots and others you can try on and compare so that you're able to make your own mind up about which are best for you.

Ask a daft question and you'll get daft (but correct!) answers from people who don't have much time to deal with junk.

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how can I if I don't know the make of them. From what I can see in the picture, it says either "SD", "SDI" or something along those lines. I guy had posted two different pics of them and wanted to know which ones to get, so I asked him which internet site he got them from. No reply, thought i'd leave it day or two and ask again, no reply.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:43 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh you never asked that originally, but they are SIDI Vetebrae 2 and cost approx £180.

They are very good boots and well reccomended... Check out Oxtar boots at the bike shop too as they are also pretty good..

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:44 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fowlers, Infinity motorcycles, lots of places.

Why not look in the back of the MCN?

I spent two minutes with google and found the Feridax website which are the official UK importers of Sidi boots. They have a dealer locator button on their page.

https://www.feridax.com/

Click Dealer locator, and then click your reigon...

We don't all live near to you so how would we know where you should go to buy the boots? Smile

{edit}If you had just asked what make and model they were then it would have saved a lot of pain! Smile{edit}

Last edited by MarJay on 14:50 - 27 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I have just found them on https://www.sondel.co.uk/store.html Was on one of the websites Yams gave. Just got to look for the right colour now.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

YamsR6 wrote:
Check out Oxtar boots at the bike shop too as they are also pretty good..

I bought a pair of Oxtar boots last month ( the ones in the pic below) and although they are good. I thought the SIDI vertebrae 2 boots were a bit comfier. though neither are as good as the Alpinestars SMX Plus Boots Thumbs Up

Last edited by True Blue on 15:47 - 27 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total

Sacarius
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:46 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, the ones you showed are the "race carbon" model. With that magical ankle protector, not the standard vertabrae 2.
The way your heart sounds makes all the difference. It's what decides if you'll endure the pain that we all feel. The way your heart beats makes all the difference in learning to live. Spread before you is your soul. So forever hold the dreams within our hearts. Through nature's inflexible grace I'm learning to live.

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How nice are yours True Blue! Don't know which I want now. The ones i'm after are the 'SIDI Vertebra Race 2'.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely, I couldn't find one single shop that sold Oxtar boots in the Glasgow area Confused

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long can I expect a decent pair of boots to last me?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 16:30 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get alpinestars SMX Plus..then not very long!

Mine have lasted a year and are now in need of being replaced!! Shame they cost £200.. hence why next I'm going for either Oxtar or SIdi

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think i'll probably get the SIDI vertebra Race 2. Look good and everyone says they have good protection. How long would these last roughly?

Last edited by Adam.I on 16:31 - 27 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total

zaknafien

PostPosted: 16:31 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my Sidi's for about 2 years, crashed in them twice and the only problem I have is that one of the zip tag's has snapped.

Thumbs Up

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
the only problem I have is that one of the zip tag's has snapped.

I had that problem with mine too.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:20 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

enrique86 wrote:
How long can I expect a decent pair of boots to last me?

My SMX Goretexs are still going strong after 2 years of pretty solid wear. The velcro's gone a bit bald though - I could get them repaired but I bought some spangly new ones instead. Rolling Eyes

Like anything, how long they last depends on how you treat them.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams, what is it that's knackered with your SMX boots exactly? I thought they looked quite sturdy. I've not had mine long so I cant really say how long they will last. I think they are well comfortable though and I like the ratchet bit at the calf. Plenty of adjustment in it. Thumbs Up

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 17:46 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, the zips jammed and needed to be cut in order to get the damn boots off! So I have no zips.. the velcro on the draw cord thing has frayed and doesn't stick any more, the rubber covering of the boot, just below the shin (on top of actual foot) has cut and has big holes in it now and I wore my RHS toe slider right through the boot Doh!

They are comfy and warm ish though and never really gotten that wet despite use all year around.

They are good boots but they just didn't last! I look after all my stuff relatively well, not perfectly but they should have lasted much longer than a year

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey, they do sound in a sorry state Yams Confused I kinda went off SIDIs since I went through two pairs in a year Neutral So I'm hoping the alpinestars ones will be better.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Yams, if your zips jammed and they were less than a year old you should send them back. That exactly what happened to my SiDI boots. TWICE. And they got replaced with new ones. The second time I took the Alpinestars ones instead. It was quite good cause the first time they were replaced, they were in a hell of a nick as I had low sided my bike Sad But they gave me a shiny new pair. Bonus!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1