Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda VTR 250 vs. Honda Hornet 250

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

althepal
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:17 - 30 Jun 2004    Post subject: Honda VTR 250 vs. Honda Hornet 250 Reply with quote

Hey All,

I?ve narrowed my choices down to two. Either the Honda Hornet 250 or Honda VTR 250.

Can anyone give me some advice on either of the bikes? Insurance, reliability, chick magnetism etc.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:41 - 30 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that the vt250 r or vtr250 Question I used to have a vt 250r and they are quite nippy excelent round town and hit 100 quite quick

mudmucks
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:58 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's down to personal preference really. Do you prefer a twin or a four? The VTR is cute as chips, a mini monster lookalike. Quite small too.

Remember both bikes are quite rare in the UK and parts won't be the easiest to come by.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:28 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hornet ain't that good really. Its the same running gear as the 600, bar only having a single front disk. That makes it heavy for a 250 and not very quick. Tyres are 120-16 and 180-17 too, which makes them expensive.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 00:38 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

if youve gotta have one of them, then id say the hornet will be more flexible, but its was never the best idea for a bike

and i also stuffed a hornet 250 on my cbr250 </childish boasting> Razz
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1