Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Examiners too strict?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:26 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Examiners too strict? Reply with quote

i just failed again today,got 4 minors and a major.
left my indicator on at the end of the ride pulling up outside test centre,im gutted.
im sure the examiner has it in for me Twisted Evil
last time i failed was for stupid things also.
another 100 quid Sad

what p*sses me off is my riding is spot on,i hadnt ridden a bike since my last test,got on a 500 and went pretty smooth,through both my tests,just a couple of silly mistakes.

why can you have 14 minors and pass but get failed on not turning indicators off once?

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 22:22 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, when i went through my test i failed with one minor & a serious (u-turn). Twisted Evil

Sorry to hear about the fail & just keep trying
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:39 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: Examiners too strict? Reply with quote

marc_yorks wrote:

left my indicator on at the end of the ride pulling up outside test centre,im gutted.

Surely thats a minor fault if ever there was one! Even if not im sure he could have pretended not to have seen it if the ride was over. Sorry to hear that mate, thrird time lucky eh? Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Slavo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:23 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I find it rather annoying when cars / bikes leave their indicator on. Especially when overtaking on the motorway and they have traffic in front of them. You just don't know if they're going to pull out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 02:06 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky mate keep doing it , you WILL pass Smile

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 02:21 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found my instructor much stricter than my examiner! Which I didn't always like while I was getting lessons, but wow did I appreciate it when I passed first time with only one minor Very Happy

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:59 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i failed my driving test after having a very strict instructor. the examiner i had was an utter twat. he did shit like make me read a number plate at the start which was more like 40 meters away, rather than the required 20.5
The twat then made me do my emergency stop on a gravel road at 50mph, shortly after driving through some cow shit. having never done one at that speed before i locked a wheel :/

after failing my instructor got stricter, he would make a big deal out of the tinyest of things. but come test day i passed with 3 minors...YEY

i shall book my bike test in the morning. anybody want to volenteer to be a strict instructor for a few days? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:00 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky Marc, keep at it. I took four attempts to get my car licence and it pissed me right off!

Incidently who are you training with and where have you taken your test?

clemsta
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:18 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testers will usually give you a bit of slack if you forget your indicator, but if you leave it on and pass a junction then it is dangerous, eg you are signalling right, car undertakes you and knocks you off. Car thought you were turning right. But it's a easy mistake to make, i think we all do it now and again.

I'm starting to train for my test, i'm riding with a mate who has just passed his test, i asked a police biker to watch me ride which was what someone mentioned in another thread and he said that i should pass fine.

Does anyone know the approx. waiting list for the 33bhp test.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

clemsta wrote:
Does anyone know the approx. waiting list for the 33bhp test.

depends alot on where you live. typically 2 weeks is about the ealiest you can do it.

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:02 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattastic wrote:
Unlucky Marc, keep at it. I took four attempts to get my car licence and it pissed me right off!

Incidently who are you training with and where have you taken your test?

i did my training with west pennine in blackburn lancs,good set of guys.
test in blackburn centre,hes strict though.
booked another for 3 weeks time

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:43 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc_yorks wrote:

I've booked a three day residential there starting the 4th August, test on the 6th!

Lewis
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:19 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found my instructor and examiner to be extremely fair. The Instructor would pick at any little fault but thats his job, ain't it! My examiner was fair, was a little strange getting followed by a white volvo t5 during the test but this was the examiner!

Rolling Eyes follow on story was, the previous day. An other examiner put the bmw examining bike on the centre stand to go talk to the person the prior the the "get of the bike, put on stand, get back on and perform u-turn section of test" and haha is centre stand snapped smashing his bike to the ground Laughing the embarrassment Embarassed

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 13:25 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that car examiners are alot stricter than motorcycle examiners
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:54 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
I have found that car examiners are alot stricter than motorcycle examiners

no way!
i passed my car test first time!

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:57 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattastic wrote:
marc_yorks wrote:

I've booked a three day residential there starting the 4th August, test on the 6th!

youll enjoy it,especially if you get a rough looking guy called adam,i know him from years back,hes got a thistle tattooed on his neck.
tell him paddy says hi

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 14:49 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzi81 wrote:
I found my instructor much stricter than my examiner! Which I didn't always like while I was getting lessons, but wow did I appreciate it when I passed first time with only one minor Very Happy

I found this aswell. My instructor was incredibly strict and always shouting at me down the radio. Worked wonders though. He's got a reputation around for being really hard going. After each lesson I was expecting him to say 'that was awful, you're never going to pass'. But he was always like 'Yeah that was great, no problems at all'. Just his way of training his students I guess. Seems to work, he never had anyone fail that learned from him in the past month from when I done my test. That kind of added pressure though when he told me that 5 mins before my test. The examiner was a nice guy. He was reasonable and I understood my mistakes which he had marked down.

Jinx
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:44 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many minors are you allowed these days?

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 14:09 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more than 4 in one area i believe
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:47 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinx wrote:
How many minors are you allowed these days?

ive heard 14

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 12 minors on my car test Laughing so it must be 14 Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:09 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get 5 in the same area than that is the same as a major and 1 major is a fail.

You are only moaning about it as they failed you for it, if they had failed someone else you wouldn't be bothered. Driving tests are there for a reason and until you can show yourself to be safe enough then for your own safety and other peoples safety you are not allowed on the roads on your own.

Last edited by Ste on 22:13 - 02 Jul 2004; edited 1 time in total

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 22:12 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The total is 15, although if you get three minors in the same area, the examiner will grade the next one as a serious

marc_yorks
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:31 - 03 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
If you get 5 in the same area than that is the same as a major and 1 major is a fail.

You are only moaning about it as they failed you for it, if they had failed someone else you wouldn't be bothered. Driving tests are there for a reason and until you can show yourself to be safe enough then for your own safety and other peoples safety you are not allowed on the roads on your own.

yes sir
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1