Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

RS125 Question

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 11 Jun 2004    Post subject: RS125 Question Reply with quote

Right, i got my RS 2000 model on tuesday. The guys at the dealership advised me to get around 200 mid rev miles on it to let it run in. So i've done exactly what they said.
Heres the problem.
No matter what i do, it wont go above 60mph. Jonny took a look at the engine the other day and he said that the power valve is all there and connected up. But the bike still wont rev over more than about 8000-9000 rpm.
I'm guessing that a blanking plate has been fixed in place of the normal power valve.
Its really annoying me now as i hate not being able to use the A19 for college, whereas with the NS125R i could get to a good 85mph and i was there in no time at all.
If anyone has any ideas, i'd appreciate hearing them Thumbs Up

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:11 - 11 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost sounds like an electrical restriction. Wouldn't be able to tell without seeing the bike though. Probably best off taking it back to the shop where you got it from and getting them to sort it out as a full power bike for you.

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 01:03 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds annoying, electrical restriction on an RS is odd though isnt it?

what does the RS redline at?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:16 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would expect it to reach those kind of revs in the lower gears if the power valve blanking plate was fitted but I would expect it to reach 8000rpm in top, maybe a touch more, which would be a shade over an indicated 80mph.

The cdi restriction only affects 5000~6000rpm.

Only reason I mentioned oil on the disk is that a small patch of thise could cause the braking to be uneven, but I think this is highly unlikely.

Double and triple check the wheel bearings.

All the best

Keith

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:07 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think ther may be a cone in the exhaust of the rs125??????? not sure though but ther definatly is on the rs50....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:18 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ts50x0 wrote:
i think ther may be a cone in the exhaust of the rs125??????? not sure though but ther definatly is on the rs50....

Only the latest RS125s have blocked up exhausts, except for some imports with catalytic converters.

All the best

Keith

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. I phoned the dealership this morning, they've told me to bring the bike back as its obviously not right. They said that it should be full power and there could be a problem somewhere else. Either way, i'd rather let them sort it while its still under warranty.

Disco
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:24 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Bike Won't do over 70mph Reply with quote

Quote:
No matter what i do, it wont go above 60mph

Hi NS-Keith,

I noticed this post and I just wanted to find out if you managed to sort your problem and what it was?

The only reason I ask is that mine is the same year & model i think, from previous discussion, and mine struggles to go over 70mph.

It gets up to 60mph really fast but then as soon as you whack it into the last gear the revs drop and it just take an year to get up to 7/8k revs and the maximum speed I've had was 70mph.

The bloke I brought it off said the previous owner adjusted the gears slightly, would this make any difference in the performance and the top speed possible?

Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Danny
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 288 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1