Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki TL1000R 1999

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:55 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: [FOR SALE]Suzuki TL1000R 1999 Reply with quote

Sold! 13th July, for £3650 in crisp cash!

I am selling my TL1000R due to the fact I am not going to be in a position to ride it for a long long time, and I cannot see the point in just keeping it standing there and after the amount of work that has been done to the gearbox I would rather it was out and being used. I bought the bike back in Jan, from a private seller I did a HPI check on it at the time and it was clear I still have that cert. and am happy to show it (or any of the paperwork) to anyone, or any HPI checks are welcome and it has nothing at all ever to hide on it.

Since I bought the bike I firstly added a set of Remus Exhausts, they are titanium oval exhausts with removable baffles so they can be road (they are marked legally) or race by simply removing the allen bolt holding the baffle in Very Happy. I have also (at considerable expense to myself) had the entire gearbox replaced as it was slightly slipping out of gear. It also had new camchain tensioners put in and new gear selector forks. I did this work mainly as I was planning on keeping the bike for a long time and as it was such an enjoyable bike to ride I saw it as worthwhile, and if you ride onr of these you will understand why Smile. Unfortunatly for me things have since changed and I won't be in a situation to be using the roads for a long long time Sad.

This is not your standard run of the mill bike which has had a set of bolt on race cans fitted, the modifactions to it are benefical and the full list of modifactions can be seen below:

Ohlins rear shock
Gillies rearsets
Remus titanium oval exhausts
Hel braided brake lines
Carbo Loraine brake pads
New front brake discs
Pyramid double bubble screen
Pyramid rear hugger
JMV undertray
Mini indicators (front and rear)
Airbox modifaction (as standard it is restrictive)
Timing retard eliminator
Datatool veto plus alarm/immobilizer
DiD gold X-ring chain
Talon sprockets
Bagster tankbag
Bagster tank cover
Pillion grab rail/ luggage rack
Pillion seat & seat hump
Polished wheels
Upgraded Nissin master brake cylinder

As well as the gearbox work done, I recently had the fork seals replaced as well these were changed for genuine Suzuki parts. I am also including with the bike a set of R&G crash mushrooms which are new and still in thier packet as I never got around to fitting them. It also has a set of R&G paddock stand bobbins fitted which I'll be including with it. I also have a spare (unused Laughing) K&N oil filter as I was planning on doing an oil & filter change but these were both done recently when the gearbox work was done.

The gearbox work was done by an offical Suzuki garage, and the work was carried out by the "Suzuki Technition of the Year". The bike has also been setup on a Dyno for the modifactions which have been done.

I have the HPI cert. from when I bought the bike earlier this year, and am more than happy to show it to anyone who is interested, or for you to do your own HPI check on it as I have nothing to hide. I can dig out details/ paperwork of the loan which I took out to buy it with so you can also see if you are interested that it does not have finance on it, and it has never been written off (or crashed at all for that matter Smile ).

The bike was MOT'ed just before I got it, so there is the MOT valid until early next year, but it passed really easily then and there is nothing at all which would cause it to not pass with flying colours. It has tax on it till about early Feb. next year. It has a full size legal plate, and I will also include with it 8x2 plate which I have for it (not to be used unless you want to be given a ticket I would expect Laughing ). It has a full toolkit secured under the pillion seat/ seat hump.

I am open to sensible offers on this bike, and although I have spent more than I will get back on this bike, I would prefer that it is being used and enjoyed rather than just sitting in my garage gathering dust as a large paperweight which is all I'll be able to do with it for some time Sad. No sensible offer will be turned down, but please make sure it is a sensible offer. This bike will not have engine problems in the near future, it has pretty much every performance modifaction done to it which is possible and it will not let you down and it will always put a smile onto your face everytime you ride it.

Please send me an email to stephen@okas.co.uk and I will reply as soon as possible. I am still in hospital, and am now being allowed out some days for home visits so I am not ignoring you I am simply not able to reply at some points Sad.

note: The photos show the bike before I bought it, it now has different exhausts, and the previous owner took some of them before he polished the wheels but other then that it look exactly how it does in the photos. I'll take some current photos of it when I'm at home and able to.

Bike from the right
The front wheel & new discs
Shiney rear Ohlins shock & the hugger
General view of the bike from rear right

Last edited by Ste on 21:37 - 13 Jul 2004; edited 2 times in total

Diehard
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:48 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody was made rich from your spending ay ste. I did see one of these parked up locally the other day, pretty much exactly the same as yours and I fell in love with it. My mates are the same, but as always, I WISH I HAD MONEY! Good luck though Thumbs Up .

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 23:10 - 19 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste, can you let me know roughly how much you want for it, as I know someone who may be interested. You can send me a PM if you don't want to put a figure on here.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 13:47 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Item Description has been updated to inlcude more pics and info.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:58 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on eBay if people are interested.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9808&item=2482324472&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Danny

PostPosted: 20:17 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to put the ebay link. Embarassed Laughing

I so love this pic:
https://www.okas.co.uk/tl/PICT0167.JPG Cool

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right, thats a bloody good picture Thumbs Up Who took it?

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 21:10 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G did.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 23:37 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste's bike is now my desktop background Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 00:39 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:
Ste's bike is now my desktop background Laughing

Good idea! Thumbs Up Smile It is a nice pic!

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 01:31 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
G did.

Where did he take it?
I feel a little trip on the Benelli to the same place coming on Cool

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:49 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also my background.

Danny

PostPosted: 12:31 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me posting logged in a Dusty btw.

It was taken in an industrial estate just down the road from G.

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 12:41 - 23 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
It was taken in an industrial estate just down the road from G.

Looks like a trip to G's place is in order then Smile

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:41 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump* * minutes remaining. Come on! Its a fantastic bike! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:58 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The auction has now ended, but it has not sold as it was someone I had bidding on it for me due to not setting a reserve price. It is still forsale if people are interested and now I'm out of hospital stuff like viewing and general stuff is made a lot easier.

Ste

zaknafien

PostPosted: 03:05 - 27 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I was employed I'd buy it. Sad

Hold on to it for a few months then sell me it. Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:24 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting it in BikeTrader, what do people reckon of this as the advert?

BikeTrader Advert wrote:
TL1000R 1990

Remus exhaust,Ohlins,rearsets,Undertray,DB screen,Braided lines,DataTool alarm Many extras.Lots spent!Must be seen 1st to see will buy Offers Welcome

And with this as the photo to use in the advert. I will accept anything upwards of 4,000 so is it best just to put that as the price and just refuse to get into haggling, or to put like £4,200 so there is some room for haggling?

Ste

Last edited by Ste on 23:01 - 28 Jun 2004; edited 2 times in total

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 18:27 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say out it at £4,200 to leave room for haggling, put that price and people will automatically try and haggle you down to 4k! Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:26 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's now up on BikeTrader.

Biketrader.co.uk Link

Thumbs Up

Last edited by Ste on 23:59 - 01 Jul 2004; edited 1 time in total

jayluvmito
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:09 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

that really is a first to see will buy jobbie.
lovely bike.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:54 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up on eBay again, wonder if it will actually go high enough as I can now deal with people asking to come and view it. Smile

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9808&item=2483944595&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 21:16 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammy-G why did you rate ste's post as redundant?

He is trying to sell his bike, regardless of whether you are interested in it or not he posted it in exchange & mart so there is no reason at all for it to be rated down.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1