Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF time out

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Forum Feedback & Help by Korn (13 Jul 2004 - 17:35)
View previous topic : View next topic  

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:26 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: BCF time out Reply with quote

Anyone else noticed that the time on this forum is about 7 minutes out? Spins me out occassionally because I think I missed a thread that was posted a while ago (according to the time), but actually it was in fact only posted seconds ago Shocked

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't noticed. But I'll use this post to test.

EDIT - Looks like 9 minutes slow to me, according to https://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
Bizarrely my computer clocked ticked over at the same time, give or take .2 of a second.

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:49 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acccording to that website the time is now 11:56.09

Edit: I meant to write 11, not 10

Last edited by primalcarl on 12:51 - 11 Jul 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

primalcarl wrote:
Acccording to that website the time is now 10:56.09

Thats cos its in GMT and not BST, BST is 1 hour ahead of GMT!

Plus I think the time is out cos the time on the BCF Server is out too, anyway, meh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 19:00 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter. Smile
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

All clocks naturally go out of time over a period.
My Pc clock gradually goes off over a few weeks and only goes back to normal when i can be bothered to resync it. The server however cannot be resynced just like that. Korn would have to telnet into it and set the time.

tgabber
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:26 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
All clocks naturally go out of time over a period.
My Pc clock gradually goes off over a few weeks and only goes back to normal when i can be bothered to resync it. The server however cannot be resynced just like that. Korn would have to telnet into it and set the time.

If you're permanently connected to the net (as a server is) then you just need a scheduled task to sync to an ntp time server every 24 hours or so. You can automate this on any net connected PC as well.

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it unlikely it's hosted on his own systems as the site does seem to have quite a lot of bandwidth. If it's hosted elsewhere then it's a standard windows server function to synchronize the time.
Just use the time /? switch from the command line to see the available options.
As for Telnet, I can never be arsed to use it. Remote Desktop/Terminal Services makes much more sense.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 11 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server is unlikely to be a dedicated server owned by the board admin, it is more likely that the site is hosted along with others on a rented server. the server owner would have to resync the time etc

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:27 - 13 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been sorted now Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1