Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kawazaki ZXR 600 Insurance?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

matthew_gordon
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:51 - 14 Jul 2004    Post subject: Kawazaki ZXR 600 Insurance? Reply with quote

I am 17 and have passed my restricted bike test. If anyone could give me any info about the below that would be great.

I am looking to buy a 99-2000 kawasaki ZXR 600. I know it will be restricted, but no doubt that will fall off ;0)

However, on a serious note, how will it run with the restriction kit on it? Will there be any point of keeping it on, just to get used to the handling?

I am confident when riding bikes, my main concern is not the bike itself, its the cost of insurance and whether i will get insured?

Can anyone help? Thank You.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 16:05 - 14 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 18 get insured on a 87 cbr6 I had my restrictors in for 5 weeks.

PM danny about insurance.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:12 - 14 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode a ZX6R after passing my test at 17 with no problems. The cheapest company I've found for insurance have been CIA Insurance but you do need to ring around other companies as they only go down in price when it's asking them if they can beat a quote of XYZ from company ABC. Either get BikeTrader and call every company in the back, narrow it down to the lowest few quotes, then ring back and play them off against each other until you've got it as low as possible. Or pay Danny £30 and he will get you a good quote. Send him a PM to find out about this service.

It will be okay ish with the restrictor in the bike, the bike is not designed to be run at 33bhp so it will possibly have a few minor problems, but nothing major really. Keeping them in to get used to the handling is slightly pointless as the handling and riding the bike will change a lot when you then remove the restrictors. Just bear this in mind, and it would be a better idea to leave them in for a bike to get used to riding a bike more powerful than you have before so basically using it as a stepping stone to the full power version.

Ste

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 06:36 - 15 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got insured at 18 on my zx6r (1999) for £830 with mce Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kubstix
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 06:27 - 21 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn im insured on a 2000 honda cbr600 f4 for $290 bucks a year. Progressive baby.

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 21 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked You guys are mad, new sports 600cc at 17/18...Rather you than me.

Good luck Thumbs Up

Good quote there Craig.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1