Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:43 - 11 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacarius wrote:
DaFrostyOne wrote:
either that or lay off the weed Wink

What I swear he said it was a fag! or 3...

we have proved you can get utterly stoned off fags anways Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sacarius
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 03:59 - 11 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ hehe, agreed!
The way your heart sounds makes all the difference. It's what decides if you'll endure the pain that we all feel. The way your heart beats makes all the difference in learning to live. Spread before you is your soul. So forever hold the dreams within our hearts. Through nature's inflexible grace I'm learning to live.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

clemsta
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:16 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate has a Suzuki GZ Marauder. Nice bike, very comfy, reliable, cheap to run and buy, sounds quite beefy for a 125, 4 stroke so easily maintained, tops out at about 65Mph and thats restricted. Bad points - crap acceleration, no fairings, parts can be expensive as not many people have one.

7/10 Thumbs Up

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 01:18 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

clemsta wrote:
tops out at about 65Mph and thats restricted

It's a 4 stroke 125. It doesn't make enough power to be restricted. You can ride it on a CBT because it makes less then the 14-15 BHP limit so there's nothing to de-restrict. It'll be slow and crap forever. Razz

clemsta
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:26 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definetly IS restricted, my uncle has a suzuki dealership and he says it is restricted in the exhaust, theres loads of references on the net of it being restricted Razz

clemsta
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:33 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definetly IS restricted, my uncle has a suzuki dealership and he says it is restricted in the exhaust, theres loads of references on the net of it being restricted Razz

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:40 - 13 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gti wrote:

It's a 4 stroke 125. It doesn't make enough power to be restricted. You can ride it on a CBT because it makes less then the 14-15 BHP limit so there's nothing to de-restrict. It'll be slow and crap forever. Razz

limit is 11.4bhp
125 4 strokes can make betwean 15 and 20bhp depending on the state of tune. its quite possible that the bike makes 15-16 bhp and is resticted to conform with UK standards.
Derestricting it wouldnt result in a huge power increase, and unless something is a fully fairinged race machine a few bhp isnt likely to make much of a different to speed

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 13:55 - 13 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
limit is 11.4bhp
125 4 strokes can make betwean 15 and 20bhp depending on the state of tune. its quite possible that the bike makes 15-16 bhp and is resticted to conform with UK standards.

The limit is 11kW (used to be 9kW, around 12.2hp). A 4 stroke should be able to make that, but not much more.

All the best

Keith

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 16:30 - 13 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Keith said, the limit is 11kw, or 14.75bhp if you prefer.

Most 4 stroke 125's make between 12 and 15bhp.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:20 - 13 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy in my class at college who has a honda rebel 125cc and he thinks it's a beast, he reckons he got 90mph Laughing out of it on a dual carriage way. He looks funny on it because he's about 6'4 and the bike is tiny. He said he raced a vfr400 aswell and he was keeping up with it Rolling Eyes .

But the shadows are guttless bikes and feel sluggish, if you're not worried about speed go for it as you will get bored quick if your into that kind of thing but you might aswell go for something like a cg.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 00:45 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clemster where are these references to the bike being restricted? All I can find is articles about it producing 12bhp including from suzukis own site.... Razz

Dafrostyone As carvell said the limit is 14.75bhp and I don't know of any 4 stroke 125 that makes over 15bhp, let alone 20.

They don't go over 14.75bhp because the manufacturer designed them not to go over that limit so they won't have to bother putting a restrictor in, thus saving them money and allowing people to do their CBT and just buy a bike knowing there's no legal requirement hassles to worry about.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how it is, unless the manufacturer is unwittingly doing themselves up the arse.

clemsta
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:26 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry GTi, i'm wrong when i looked on the internet for GZ Marauder restricted it brought up a few links but when i looked at them more closely they were talking about restricted licences.

Sorry bout that pal Embarassed

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older 125' 4 strokes are more powerful than the more recent ones.
the early 80's CB125's were 16bhp, then the ones made after 82 were 12.
You wont find any road legal 20bhp 125's. however these can be made with tuning. It is possible for a 125 to be more powerful than 14bhp, as it is designed for reasons other than to meet UK spec, and then be restricted for sale in the UK.

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 15:13 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it clemsta Smile

I think they started to produce de-tuned 125 4 strokes when the learner limit was bought in to comply with it. So the older ones before that probably were past that limit, especially imported from countries without said restrictions.

smurf
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:38 - 20 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ade067 wrote:
Well my bike uses the GS500 frame,but its only a 125 Thumbs Up

https://www.avto.net/moto_hyosung/comet125.jpg

Smart innit Very Happy

yeh nice, is it available with 250 engine??
im lookin at getting a honda CBF250 nxt year, but i dont really know much about them atm, anyone know much? any1 got 1? only read whats on the website, looked for reviews but cant find any.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 20 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a 250 comet, however build quality on them is some what questionable. look around and see if you can pick up a newish second hand one, should be in reasonable nick and fairly cheap.

syris
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:58 - 20 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

clemsta wrote:
My mate has a Suzuki GZ Marauder. Nice bike, very comfy, reliable, cheap to run and buy, sounds quite beefy for a 125, 4 stroke so easily maintained, tops out at about 65Mph and thats restricted. Bad points - crap acceleration, no fairings, parts can be expensive as not many people have one.

7/10 Thumbs Up

Parts are VERY expensive, especially when your a student. It cost me £80 for a new front fender, £19 for a bar end and around £100 for a fork tube.
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2