Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


A drugs poll

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Have you tried illegal drugs at some point
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 72 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 88

Author Message

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: A drugs poll Reply with quote

Just curious.

To clarify, I mean illegal at the time that you took them.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a half pint of cider at 14, illegal.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:09 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

One or two when I was younger. Bounce!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:17 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
I had a half pint of cider at 14, illegal.


IIRC It would be legal at home with parent supervision from the age of 5, or in a restaurant with a meal from the age of 14.

Doubt you would be measuring in pints down the back ally with your mates Laughing
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:06 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regularly went drinking on a Fri/Sat night with my mates from age 16-17, with parental knowledge, and occasionally even wearing my school uniform for a celebratory drink after sitting my O Levels

plus the odd spliff when I was younger ... I'm a real rebel, me https://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-043.gif
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:12 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/fv53wkr/hm36drugs-are-bad-posters.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:31 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people have drunk or smoked under age, especially older ones as it was a bit easier to get away with years ago. For example i'm 26 and get ID'ed as i don't look 25 (not exactly much difference between a 24 and 27 year old tbh), but i got served in pubs when i was 16.

It's weird how people think under age drinking is slightly naughty, but acceptable, yett hose same people often think of a 30 year old having a spliff as being fundamentally bad. Weirder still are people who don't smoke in the UK even when there is no chance of being caught, but will smoke in amsterdam. I seriously doubt it's them being picky over quality as i've known people only smoke for the first time was there...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:40 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
It's weird how people think under age drinking is slightly naughty, but acceptable, yett hose same people often think of a 30 year old having a spliff as being fundamentally bad. Weirder still are people who don't smoke in the UK even when there is no chance of being caught, but will smoke in amsterdam. I seriously doubt it's them being picky over quality as i've known people only smoke for the first time was there...


I've always considered weed something to do before you are old enough to buy drink, it's not that great and TBH, I'd much rather have a beer.

I think smoking in Amsterdam is part of the experience, people go away with it in mind and are more open to the suggestion knowing it is legal, plus it's easily accessible without needing to associate with illicit drug dealers. If you have to actively go searching for it then it becomes a lot less appealing. As a point of note, I don't smoke in the UK but I would if I went to Amsterdam.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:22 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acctually its NOT legal in Amsterdam, A common myth
its decriminalised, but you can still get done if you carry more than the allowed amount
either on your person or in your home (5g for personal on the street, 500g in your home)
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:29 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I'm about to be the only completly incriminating (honest) one here!

Started smoking pot at about 16. 17 I had acid for the first time. 19 I had acid for the last time after a 6 month binge on the stuff. I was tripping around 3 times a week at the heaviest part of it.

17 I started clubbing and was on speed pretty much every weekend. Acid and speed is a weird combination.

At about 21 I discovered coke and kept discovering it until 2009 when I gave everything up.

In my life the only things I havent tried are Heroin, crack and extacy. PCP was interesting as a one off. Wouldnt recommend it for long term tho. The comedowns a bitch.

now days I dont smoke and rarely drink and illegal drugs are a thing of the past. I'm not one that advocates drug use but I'm not against it either. I have no regrets about my drug using years. They were a learning experience for me. I wouldnt recommend anyone take acid in the quantities I took but I will happily tell people about my experiences.

Thats about it for the illegal part but when I was about 18 a friend arrived at the door with a bagful of pharmacuticles. One of his mates had knocked over a chemist supply warehouse. Was big in the news at the time back home and Keith got a bagful. Needless to say we spent a few months going though this bag and spent many a night chewing our ears.

Now that I have dished the dirt on my childhood days if you just point me in the direction of the cells and I'll say no more until my court days
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciggys = 14
Beer = 15
Cannabis = 16
Speed = 17
Acid = 17
Coke = 18
extacy = 18

Mushrooms at 16 but they were legal

now I only smoke
I stay away from Powders & pills and stick to weed, unless I'm in the dam
then I will take Mushrooms & truffles
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:11 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 12 to 18

Beer
Weed
Fags
MDMA
Mushrooms
Pills
Acid
Coke
Ketamine

Think there are a couple of others but my short term memory isn't so good Laughing
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:22 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried fags at 12 years old but didn't get into it properly until I started going out around 14-15. Alcohol and weed came at that age, tried weed the first time on new years when I was 15.
Have only recently tried other stuff:
Age 20, cocaine, MDMA, Mcat, weed cakes (to my surprise very fucking different to smoking it, and caused the most terrifying 4 hours of my life)
I think most drugs are ok to use as long as you control yourself and don't hurt anyone, and don't get hooked of course

Quote:
I've always considered weed something to do before you are old enough to buy drink, it's not that great and TBH, I'd much rather have a beer.


I disagree. When you're too young to drink you smoke cause you can, but when you smoke at an older age I think you have a lot more fun. Group of lads in front of the telly, domino's pizza and a few splifs going around is ace Mr. Green Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

L4Isoside
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no, but i have been drinking under age and smoked a fag or 3 under age, but no illegal drugs.... I didn't feel that deserved a "yes"

Not even smoked weed Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:10 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcohol and fags are drug's, just because there "Legal" doesn't make mean there not a drug
and funnily enough two of the most addictive drugs there are
and as you were underage yes that makes them Illegal for you to use
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:16 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
Alcohol and fags are drug's, just because there "Legal" doesn't make mean there not a drug
and funnily enough two of the most addictive drugs there are
and as you were underage yes that makes them Illegal for you to use


Despite what the Guv'ment want you to think, alcohol isn't that addictive. Out of the many millions that drink it, very few are addicted.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RussG
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ate pva glue when i was about 6
____________________
Geek, father, biker
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcohol Addiction is higher in the Uk than Heroin and Coke put together
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
(5g for personal on the street, 500g in your home)


Just a thought, how do you get the 500g home?
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 - Booze
12 - Glue
13 - Cigs
15 - Quicksilver/Poppers (can't remember the proper name)
16 - Weed
20 - Acid
21 - Ecstasy
24 - Mushrooms
28 - Coke

*all years are guestimates

The glue was a very brief (and stupid) try.. I could already see a lot of losers on it, but just wanted to see what the buzz was like. Didn't try it again after that (and it was crap). For everything else I've had great times.

Aside from weed and fags (and on very special occasions a bit of toot) oh, and booze, I don't really do any of the others anymore, but should I ever be given six months to live, I'll look forward to adding plenty more to the list. Thumbs UpVery Happy
____________________
A Guide To Powerbands


Last edited by Mr Hammers on 13:14 - 05 Oct 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Despite what the Guv'ment want you to think, alcohol isn't that addictive. Out of the many millions that drink it, very few are addicted.


Crack isn't addictive, i've done it every day for the last 3 years and i'm not addicted!

There are different types of addiction, one is a physical dependency, one is social or emotional, others can just be that you really 'like' something. I'd say weed tends to fall into the latter of those, so can alcohol. Alcohol also has social addictiveness. Don't know what that means? Try sticking to the soft drinks on a night out and see how out of place you feel Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:25 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm genuinely suprised that it is only 82% at this stage - would have thought 95%+
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeR wrote:
oldpink wrote:
(5g for personal on the street, 500g in your home)


Just a thought, how do you get the 500g home?


I've personally walked down the main St in the Dam with over a Kilo in a wheelie bag
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alcohol Addiction is higher in the Uk than Heroin and Coke put together

I don't personally know a single person who has tried heroin. Similarly I only know ONE person over 18 who does not drink ever.
If as many people tried heroin as alcohol, we'd have a lot more heroin addicts than alcoholics. That's not to say alcohol isn't very addictive, me and all my mates are social alcoholics, can't really have a good night without the booze Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 05 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:


I've personally walked down the main St in the Dam with over a Kilo in a wheelie bag


We went to a guys house just outside the Dam to buy a dutch ounce (100g) and the guy had a big black dustbin full of the stuff! The 100G we bought didnt even dent the stash!

Needless to say I was looking at it like all my xmas had came at once!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 0.67 - MySQL Queries: 18 - Page Size: 140.42 Kb