|
|
| Author |
Message |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:45 - 04 Nov 2010 Post subject: New keyboard and mouse |
 |
|
I cant get my new keyboard and mouse to work.
I had to buy a new (optical wireless) ones cos for some reason my ps/2 (?) connections werent working.
So I bought brand new ones (a set) and when i put the batteries in, the mouse (at first) connected and worked but the keyboard never did.
Now the mouse has stopped workin and i have had to plug in an old sticky usb keyboard in found in the cupboard, which hardly works and they keys stick, and I have NO mouse at all (using the tab key and frowning a lot).
What have I done wrong?
The (NEW) USB connect thing has a blue light on it, as it should, and the num/caps lock light works when the old sticky keyboard is plugged in, but when I take that out and try to use the other (new) mouse and keyboard, the numlock light stays on and nothing h appens. No mouse, no keyboard.
I tried pressing the Connect button. It only worked the once when the mouse first worked, but now even the mouse has stopped.
I'm ver cross.
How do I get them to work properly?
(yes, I have tried rebooting the coputer. SEVERAL THOUSAND times)
(see what I mean about sticky keys. annoying) ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| panrider_uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 panrider_uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:17 - 04 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
There were fairly limited instructions
It didnt say anything about any order, in fact it didnt even say whether you had to press them separately or at the same time (I assumed at first, just one after the other, but then I wondered once it was "not working" properly" whether I should have pressed both at the same time.
It just said to press the Connect button on the back of the mouse, and on the back of the keyboard. I did so for the mouse, and it worked fine, but the keyboard one would not work.
From memory (I'm now at work), the bit that plugs into the PC via USB only has a Connect light, not a button. At first, that light flickered when the mouse was connecting, but then the Numlock light came on and stayed on, and the keyboard would not work at all.
If I plug a different (i.e, the rubbish sticky-key) keyboard in, then the numlock and capslock and scroll lock lights on the new USB work as well, but only with the rubbish keyboard, not the new one. Its most peculiar.
I think I did check for a connect button or an on-off switch, but as it came straight on and in fact started the mouse up perfectly straight away when I pressed the connect button on the mouse ... but not the keyboard.
As this is something which I am certain is extremely simple (when you know what you are doing) I will have a look again tonight, but its extraordinarily frustrating. I might cry  ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Inkognito |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Inkognito Brolly Dolly
Joined: 12 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N cee thirty |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 N cee thirty Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:45 - 04 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
unplug all the usb devices except the keyboard/mouse reciver and then reboot and then try it again
see if the mouse works again and then if the keyboards still a bar steward press both buttons on the keyboard and the reciever for about 15 secs,check your batteries are good aswell  ____________________ '00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30 Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Jewlio Iglesias wrote: I actually did vote BNP once |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TQ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TQ Trackday Trickster
Joined: 17 Dec 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:01 - 04 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hmm, lets see what happens when I get home.
Thanks guys.
If you don't hear from me, I will probably have thrown myself under the wheels of a plane in frustration. ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TQ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TQ Trackday Trickster
Joined: 17 Dec 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:27 - 05 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
glad you got it working  ____________________ First Bike :Gilera DNA 50 | Second: Imported 1989 NSR125
Third: 1998 Yamaha XJ600N | Currently: 1999 Yamaha FZS600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|