|
|
| Author |
Message |
| spr476 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 spr476 Derestricted Danger

Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:17 - 07 Nov 2010 Post subject: CBT experiences 2010 |
 |
|
Hi There,here is my experience
passed my CBT on 6th october 2010, and must say i was quite nervous at first,i have driven on roads as provisional car driver for some 10yrs (i know should have passed my test years ago).
well on the day like i say i was nervous i had never rode a motorcycle before,and had no idea about gears,clutch control on a bike etc.After an hour learning about protective gear and helmets,we were taken to the school where the training took place.
Once there 5 of us were taken through the controls of the bike,care and maintenance of the bike,i was trained on a sinnis 125cc motorcycle.
Training was done as ,moving of from start position,clutch control at slow speed,riding in a large oval shaped course in first gear,then changing up and down through the gears.
By this time my nerves started to settle,after a while we moved on to simulated turning from a junction right and left which to be fair was quite easy to get the hang of after a couple of times.
Then after this we practice the emergency stop at 20 mph,this was done about 5 times till instructor felt confident,with the control over the bike.
Last but not least was u-turns in the road simulated with cones,i found this easy using clutch and rear brake to control speed in the turn.
Had a break half way through day which was welcome,after a short break we all sat down for a on road debrief,before taken out on the road for a 2 hour ride,1 instructor to 2 learners.
Very nervous first 10 mins,but after that really got to grips with it and just enjoyed every minute.
Stopped at some quiet area to do the emergency stop at around 30mph,and the u-turns,then back onto the road ride.
after the ride went back to the training centre and was told i passed and issued CBT certificate,and a welcomed handshake.
Things to remember guys,check your mirrors every 10 seconds,check your blind spots,and remember to cancel your indicators after your turn.
All in all it was a fantastic day,and really gives you more road sense.
good luck guys and girls with you CBT training.
ps... now riding a new giantco 125cc sport and loving every minute of it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| blurredman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 blurredman World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:38 - 07 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey well done and welcome to the forums!
CBT was a fair experience to me, however I took the easy route and used an auto 125.
However, I now have a CG125 and I find it very fun! Just wish I could get the L plates off!!!  ____________________ CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| spr476 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 spr476 Derestricted Danger

Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| blurredman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 blurredman World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:33 - 08 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
They're pretty robust!
If you've got a CG from 197x's or 20xx then they are exactly the same essentially, engine the same, just trim is modernised over the years so parts are exceptionally common. Brasil model I hear is the most commendable.
It's possibly the most common learner bike by schools esspecially and mostly combined in learner schools with the Yamaha YBR125 which is equally as good possibly better.
But CG cheaper  ____________________ CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheHaza10 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheHaza10 Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jodie Crazy Courier

Joined: 16 Jun 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:26 - 08 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well done Spr & Haza,
Remember my CBT, was extremely nervous having to remember all those things at once, I even fell off
Good luck riding, be careful  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheHaza10 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheHaza10 Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jodie Crazy Courier

Joined: 16 Jun 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheHaza10 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheHaza10 Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dextersaurus |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dextersaurus World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:46 - 09 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice one!
I did mine last year on my CG, loved every minute of it.
Next step is your full license, nothing better than being on the road with something that doesn't struggle to do 60...
Ride safe dude, Enjoy it and don't be an arse
Oh, and keep on top of servicing that bike, they aren't the best made bikes... Most people say stay away from the chinese bikes, but other have had a nice experience... hope you have a decent one though
Dunc |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| spr476 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 spr476 Derestricted Danger

Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:18 - 09 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Mr Dunkable wrote: | Nice one!
I did mine last year on my CG, loved every minute of it.
Next step is your full license, nothing better than being on the road with something that doesn't struggle to do 60...
Ride safe dude, Enjoy it and don't be an arse
Oh, and keep on top of servicing that bike, they aren't the best made bikes... Most people say stay away from the chinese bikes, but other have had a nice experience... hope you have a decent one though
Dunc |
cheers m8,yes i bought from reputable shop in my town,brand new and gonna be doing weekly checks etc,it actually feels quite a solid bike,and dont struggle on speed and acceleration at all,it also has the updated CG engine,so all good there i hope.
going to get some on road experience for a few months,and thinking of doing a cbt+ course as it will only cost £15 for 3 hours by derby county council.
and i can assure you i wont be an arse,i have 2 kids,1 on the way and a lovely wife whom im sure would like to have me round just a little longer....lol  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Crystal Tipps |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Crystal Tipps Nova Slayer

Joined: 17 May 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| London_ed |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 London_ed Derestricted Danger
Joined: 15 Nov 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:24 - 15 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi my first post here so its like a big HELLO to your community.
I have just also completed my CBT about 4 days ago. I found this site browsing through google.
Im 28 and the one thing that struck me was why the hell didn't I do this before???? All those years I've spent in a car and looking at bikers thinking to myself 1day.
Well I feel excited and pleased with myself. The instructor felt I needed more time on the geared bike as I wasn't riding confidently so I went back two days later and passed at the end. I hadn't ridden on a bike before so I felt so liberated and free.
I have many friends and family who completely dismiss biking but I find they correlate closely with those who also have never been on a bike. Well I have the experience and I have never felt so damn good. If you can't tell I'm writing with a big fat smile on my face.
So now my next steps are to research good bikes and gear to buy, while at the same time prepare my car to be sold.
Can't wait for the summer.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| spr476 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 spr476 Derestricted Danger

Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:00 - 16 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| London_ed wrote: | Hi my first post here so its like a big HELLO to your community.
I have just also completed my CBT about 4 days ago. I found this site browsing through google.
Im 28 and the one thing that struck me was why the hell didn't I do this before???? All those years I've spent in a car and looking at bikers thinking to myself 1day.
Well I feel excited and pleased with myself. The instructor felt I needed more time on the geared bike as I wasn't riding confidently so I went back two days later and passed at the end. I hadn't ridden on a bike before so I felt so liberated and free.
I have many friends and family who completely dismiss biking but I find they correlate closely with those who also have never been on a bike. Well I have the experience and I have never felt so damn good. If you can't tell I'm writing with a big fat smile on my face.
So now my next steps are to research good bikes and gear to buy, while at the same time prepare my car to be sold.
Can't wait for the summer.  |
well done m8 on passing your CBT,ive been riding just over a week now and learning everyday,next is to get clued up on bike maintenance so everything is sweet.
By the way what bike do you have or have in mind?
nice one. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| London_ed |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 London_ed Derestricted Danger
Joined: 15 Nov 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| spr476 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 spr476 Derestricted Danger

Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Biggelo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Biggelo Derestricted Danger
Joined: 16 Nov 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:43 - 16 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey guys,
My CBT was...pretty useless!
First off for an hour talk about safety gear etc, fine obviously you have to do it and there was some stuff I didn't know.
Then out to the bikes, I'm 21 and had never ridden a bike before, I was doing my CBT with two other guys who were both experienced, just renewing theirs. I'd watched youtube videos before hand so knew all of the controls on the bike, but like I said never ridden one. There was a circle of cones around the car park, the other two just circled um, I was practicing moving off just holding the clutch on the bite with no gas, which was alright. Then I had to do the circle with no gas and REALLY struggled to keep my balance, I may aswell have walked it! I think I was a bit close to the cones and turning the circle into move of a square.
Eventually I started using a bit of gas and it was fine. Then we went through changing up and down gears and stopping, pretty simple.
We'd not practiced junctions/turning/u-turn anything like that. Things were pretty straight forward except once when turning into a side road I nearly went over the line only the wrong side! And stalled a few times..
I was told I need to work on my clutch control a bit better when I'm taking the turn (I'm not to sure what he meant but instead of releasing the clutch after changing gear, I heald it around bite whilst I was taking the corner, he siad that was much better?).
Then back to the centre, got my certificate. I was planning on going onto DAS, but I'm thinking it's smart to get a 125 and get some practice in and then do my test next spring sometime.
Got a deposit on one and the first thing I'm going to do is head to tesco's car park and practice everything I can! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 320 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|