BCF: Bike Chat Forums

weeee! slide!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Reano
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 01 Aug 2004    Post subject: weeee! slide! Reply with quote

heh, thought id post about the bike crash ive just had on my pugeot XR6.

i was going down a countrylane (instantly, baaad place to ride a bike) very thin roads, and hard corners, anyways, i come to one corner, at about....35mph, when a red, family car flew around the corner, i swerved to the side, to miss him, ended up going along the dirt, when i hit the road again the bike slid from under me, and i went for (what seemed) a long slide along the road, ( i even recall seeing the bike slide with me!) till i came to a halt, all i recall after is just lying on the road, swearing my mouth off (i was pissed at myself, and the other driver) i then looked up, and saw shitloads of petrol pouring everywhere, so, i stood up quick, picked my bike up, and checked it over for damage......broken indicator, (left side) the foot rest is broke, mirror, smashed to pieces, including my beatiful body work is scratched to hell, and cracked, but nothing thats not repairable.(funny, nobody stopped to see if i was ok either...)
i then attempted to start the bike up, which was a REAL struggle, and when i eventually got it going, it would splutter and stall, and as soon as i let the throttle go it would cut out compleatly.........i later found out this was due to the fact the choke was jammed in the on position Razz.
so, i got home, then checked myself over, nothing bad, just got a nasty lump on my arm, a cut on where the trouser band goes, a slight headache, but other then that, im perfectly fine Smile

and amazingly, i wasn't shook up by this experience at all, yea, sure, i was angry, but funny enough, i actually enjoyed the experience, (wierd, i know) because, well, its experience right?? lmfao, and no, there's no chance this little experience is going to put me off bikes Razz, i enjoy everything about em, even if it does include flying off one, as long as i dont get seriously injured....or, my bike doesn't get too badly damaged to an extent it cant be repaired.

well, just a new indicator, foot rest, and mirror, and im off again!,
bike needs go for for a service anyways.....just aint had the money to do so.

all im pissed about is my bodywork being scratched and cracked tho.....

good thing i decided to wear all the bike gear i got, i wasn't going to bother to wear the padded trousers or jacket, or boots for that matter.......cos of the hot weather Razz

ive learnt my lession, and i got off lightly, and i feel sooo good, simply cos i laughed death in the face!! har har!. Laughing

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 01 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh =/

Good to hear youre not put off.

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:31 - 01 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're okay, and while it may have been fun, might be best not to make a habit of it Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1