|
|
| Author |
Message |
| tvchimp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tvchimp World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2009 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 15:24 - 05 Dec 2010 Post subject: It's a long shot... |
 |
|
Firstly, apologies to the MODS/Admin who may see this as putting it in the wrong section or as spam.. I want to try get as many responses as I can so I can get going asap..
But...
Does anyone know anyone (or themselves) which may be selling a 100-125cc bike for at most £400?
A few things it needs to be:
- Ready to Ride, i.e. taxed, mot etc (although, if it would require a new tyre or something small to get it ready to go then it would be ok)
- NOT a cruiser/chopper style bike
- NOT about to fall apart, or have an underlying issue which comes back every now and again i.e. Theres a slight tapping noise from the engine, but its never bothered me..
Ebay atm is a long shot, not found much on there in the range that is road worthy (although last I looked was yesterday afternoon).
The only reason I ask is I have now sold my moped and looking to get a bike to use for the rest of winter up to my DAS which I've booked for march (all going well and no fcuk-ups) and then I'll be selling this to my brother who is looking at getting rid of his car once I pass and using it to commute with a cbt (lives with his GF, she has her own car)..
Thanks.  ____________________ Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Slacker24seve... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Slacker24seve... World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:44 - 05 Dec 2010 Post subject: Re: It's a long shot... |
 |
|
| tvchimp wrote: | Firstly, apologies to the MODS/Admin who may see this as putting it in the wrong section or as spam.. I want to try get as many responses as I can so I can get going asap..
But...
Does anyone know anyone (or themselves) which may be selling a 100-125cc bike for at most £400?
A few things it needs to be:
- Ready to Ride, i.e. taxed, mot etc (although, if it would require a new tyre or something small to get it ready to go then it would be ok)
- NOT a cruiser/chopper style bike
- NOT about to fall apart, or have an underlying issue which comes back every now and again i.e. Theres a slight tapping noise from the engine, but its never bothered me..
Ebay atm is a long shot, not found much on there in the range that is road worthy (although last I looked was yesterday afternoon).
The only reason I ask is I have now sold my moped and looking to get a bike to use for the rest of winter up to my DAS which I've booked for march (all going well and no fcuk-ups) and then I'll be selling this to my brother who is looking at getting rid of his car once I pass and using it to commute with a cbt (lives with his GF, she has her own car)..
Thanks.  |
I might be missing something here but you already have VFR750; how about either selling that to have a bit more money to play with or more sensibly put your £400 towards doing DAS now? ____________________ Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tvchimp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tvchimp World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2009 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 16:06 - 05 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
The VFR750 I bought from my dad last year, and have been doing bits to it with him over the past year.. Plus I've been out of work just over 6 months this year in total, and have just got back into work, so doing my DAS atm with money owed going out from when I was out of work is out of the question, and why it's booked for march.. Also the issue of the weather and road conditions aren't exactly inspiring atm!  ____________________ Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cloric_tzr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cloric_tzr Brolly Dolly
Joined: 14 Mar 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cloric_tzr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cloric_tzr Brolly Dolly
Joined: 14 Mar 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tvchimp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tvchimp World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2009 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 17:03 - 05 Dec 2010 Post subject: Re: It's a long shot... |
 |
|
| G wrote: | | tvchimp wrote: | I want to try get as many responses as I can so I can get going asap.. |
Normal 'local bobby' rant:
Oddly enough, that's exactly what EVERYONE would like for their posts, generally.
So it suggests you think you're better than everyone else, because your cause DESERVES to be heard over others .
|
Not at all, I just wanted to see if many (or any) people had any 125 bikes for sale cheap. Not sure if many look in the 'bikes for sale' section unless they're actually looking for a new bike, or one to sell..
| G wrote: |
Doing you DAS still seems like a more sensible option to me, providing insurance on the big bike isn't too bad. |
Insurance for the VFR was about £1k fully comp (I'm 23 with 1yr NCB) about 3months ago when I looked at it, not majorly expensive, but enough to make me pause before clicking the confirm button for the payment! haha.
I've got my DAS booked, just for when it's slightly better weather, round here the council havent bothered to grit that many roads, including major A-roads and bus routes, which makes me a little cautious about doing my DAS right now, I'd rather wait til I didn't have to worry about dropping the bike (and also knocking my confidence).
Hence why I was looking for a cheap-ish 125 to use until I do my DAS, one preferably without as many plastic bits to snap off (so your TZR is out the question cloric_tzr sorry mate).
Apologies to anyone who may have been offended anyway  ____________________ Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|