Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

YBR125 55 plate with rev counter issues

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

MillaMeter
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 19 Dec 2010    Post subject: YBR125 55 plate with rev counter issues Reply with quote

Hi all,

Got a lil issue with the missus YBR. I bought the bike in pretty good shape apart from having no clocks and a few things broken here and there... anyway. Got hold of another set of clocks in good shape. When the ignition is switched on, the rev counter instantly goes to 2000rpm before the engine has even been started! when the engine starts, he rev counter goes to 3500rpm so I'm guessing the tickover is 1500rpm.

Any ideas would be awesome.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fiery tupp
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:12 - 19 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: YBR125 55 plate with rev counter issues Reply with quote

I'm guessing the tickover is 1500rpm.

Between 1300-1500 rpm Thumbs Up
I don't know about your clock problem though Confused

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 22:40 - 19 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

What generation ybr is it pls?

Mark 1: has carb
Mark2: has injection
Mark3: has side coveres on the tank.

Cheers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

herulach
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 20 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is you've got the speedo from a carbed model on an FI bike or vice versa.

MillaMeter
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:18 - 20 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is indeed the carb model, Would it really make a difference from the FI and carb versions?

Do you think traveling through the post could of possibly damaged the internals?

Regards

Rich
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:52 - 20 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm yes, its a massive difference, i had to be sure because the flicking to 2k rpm means the air temp sensor isnt working, and i didnt want to simply tell you to change it as the air temp sensor is combines with the air pressure sensor, engine temp sensor and is built into the throttle body.. A new one is about £300.

As u have fitted the clocks from the injected bike onto the bike with a carb its trying to find sensors which dont exist so theres your problem, the newer ybrs also use a different method to mesure the rpm so i would bet your getting incorrect rpm readings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1