Which OILS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: Which OILS Reply with quote

Hiya,

just wanted to know what 2-stroke oil u guys and girls use.

i currently use Fully Syntetic, Motul 600, cost me 10note a litre

wat do u guys recommend and how many of u use semi-synt oil?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi mate
I use loads of different oils all the time,(all fully synthetic) but at the mo she's running on Halfords fully-synthetic, which seems to be fine.
I'm sure most people here use Castrol TTS, cos its well known its best, but I've recently used Esso GP racing 2T, which i've had the most success with.

I have used Castrol superTT which is semi synthetic and cheap, and I found it a bit shite Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Kris on 18:01 - 13 Mar 2002; edited 1 time in total

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:01 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castrol TTS for my baby...

Keen

PostPosted: 19:35 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know anything about Agip oil?
You must be logged in to rate posts

GasGas
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: theres only one! Reply with quote

TTS.....better safe than sorry. Texaco semi synthetic was ok, Esso semi nearly seized my bike so only stick to one make now. OLIVE OIL! , no only joking. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:56 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hein gerike (free catalogue in ride) do 4 litres for £30, its fully synthetic, but i think there is a picture of a scooter on the front. Is there a rating grade for synthetic oil????
Dyl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 22:07 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: oil Reply with quote

yep im a castrol tt person although because i caught out in andover with no oil im currently runnin on bel-ray fully synth seems to be ok and smells bloody nice :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:31 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Im currently using Ipone Comeptiton fully synth strawberry scented stuff which seems like good gear. One which seemed to provide most horsepower of any oil ive ever tried was Valvoline Mineral oil at £2.50 a litre!!The bike ran sooo nice on that stuff but i was always scared of a seizure.

Stevo

PostPosted: 23:51 - 13 Mar 2002    Post subject: oils Reply with quote

I used either Castrol TTS or Motul 600 in my KMX200, and never had a problem. Infact when i did remove the head there was virtually no carbon build up at all, so its worth paying out for the expensive fully synth oils, in the long run, and in a sporty 2 stroke i wouldnt use anything but fully syth. Other oils that people rate are Silkolene Pro 2, and Putoline TT extra. Castrol now do an oil called R2 racing which is for autolube systems, and is more expensive than TTS so i take it that this is the ultimate racing oil?
You must be logged in to rate posts

scorpio1006
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:11 - 14 Mar 2002    Post subject: Oil Reply with quote

:roll:

Hi all

I use silkolene (fully synthetic) in mine not a bad oil I like it because I does not burn up so quick so I get less carbon (I hate cleaning and unblocking my down pipe give it a go I only pay £9.60p a litre for it.

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 14 Mar 2002    Post subject: TTS! Reply with quote

Only the best oil goes in my scooter... TTS

crash
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 15 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

always used siklolene oils, comp 2 +, light gear oil, clear chain gel, if it any thing apart from siklolene i wont use it
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1