Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I've got a goddamn migraine...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: I've got a goddamn migraine... Reply with quote

...so I might have to go to bed sometime soon. Head feels like it's in a vice and trying to push my brain out through my forehead. As soon as the lights started I knew what was coming, I could barely see/read anything.

Paella was nice though. Although it may make a reappearance if this gets any worse... Sad Sick
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought not staring at a computer screen would help it somewhat.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Re: I've got a goddamn migraine... Reply with quote

carlosthejackal wrote:
...so I might have to go to bed sometime soon. Head feels like it's in a vice and trying to push my brain out through my forehead. As soon as the lights started I knew what was coming, I could barely see/read anything.

Paella was nice though. Although it may make a reappearance if this gets any worse... Sad Sick


I've had them since I was 5 and I'm 28 now. Go grab some sleep dude, hope you get over it soon Thumbs Up Mr. Green
____________________
Yamaha MT-09

ಠ_ಠ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Ice Lollys
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paracetamol. Bucket. Bed.

All you can do then is wait until it's over.

Touch wood, I can't remember the last time I had one which is a relief, but I'm still careful with what I eat.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/129832/flashy-black-animated-image-31000.gif
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Imonster
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

You're a very bad person Laughing

And OP, WTF are you doing looking at a screen with a migraine?! Go lie down in a dark room...
____________________
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ear plugs, dark room, cold wet towel over your face.
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:10 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark chocolate with strong coffee is a well known cure. Thumbs Up
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had a migraine before, do people just ham them up a bit.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
I have never had a migraine before, do people just ham them up a bit.


No. It's really is fuckin' horrible and painful and you'd rather die than have one.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:
Carl_steveo wrote:
I have never had a migraine before, do people just ham them up a bit.


No. It's really is fuckin' horrible and painful and you'd rather die than have one.


Only time I've ever thought about killing myself.
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats the crack behind migraines then, what causes them?
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:42 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had them because I didn't realise (How stupid is that?) that I needed glasses. Got glasses and they stopped. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
So whats the crack behind migraines then, what causes them?

Loads of things

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SXnMk80pb0U/TJrxSB55zHI/AAAAAAAAAJI/nLR4ALkPm4k/s400/Animated_Spiral.gif
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Imonster
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:
I had them because I didn't realise (How stupid is that?) that I needed glasses. Got glasses and they stopped. Rolling Eyes


I was the same - got them terribly as a kid until my eyes were tested and they realised I was blind as a bat.
____________________
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get your hands on any LSD it may very well stop it in it's tracks. There's a Bromo-LSD which is non psychoactive so you won't trip balls either, the law won't let you near it though at present, researchers have had to wait 25 years to get a chance to study it so you ain't got a hope in hell anytime soon, so you'll just have to trip the light fantastic for now Smile

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chrisw
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:00 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
I have never had a migraine before, do people just ham them up a bit.


Must be something in the air, I had one last night. Rolling Eyes

I think some people do go OTT, calling normal headaches 'migraine' or using them as an excuse, but they aren't nice if you do get them.

I get visual interference (zig-zag lines and loss of focus) for about an hour then queasiness and a headache for the rest of that day. The following day is then a kind of crash, feeling crappy with a 'movement headache' (i.e standing up feels like someone has whacked you on the head with a mallet), almost like a hang-over.
Worst I've had was two sets of visual interferences within an hour of each other, I had ridden the bike to work and was in no state to ride home so had to go sleep in a cupboard for most of the day. Laughing

What's more annoying is that they only started a couple of years ago, I'm 28 now. No idea what triggers them either.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
So whats the crack behind migraines then, what causes them?


Fatty foods and lack of sleep for me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pabbers
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:18 - 31 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffered from them for many years. If you know the signs of one starting (partial loss of vision from the sides, strange green blobs in centre of vision-those who suffer know what I mean) then take a shit load of painkillers and lay down in a dark room and it should head it off at the pass so to speak.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:31 - 31 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one about two months before xmas, driving home. Last one before that was in 1976. The one before xmas wasn't proper though, just the weird vision, no headache. Soon as I got home I called an ambulance, they sent a paramedic in a car and he took me to the hospital, I had all the tests done, bloods, the lot. Fit as a fiddle.

And that's how you get a free MOT. Laughing
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:06 - 31 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
So whats the crack behind migraines then, what causes them?

Different things.

Mine are caused by sudden change in air pressure, especially from low to high pressure.
____________________
My other bike's a Monster... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:32 - 31 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Migraines suck. 90% of those that have claimed to have them havent. They have had headaches. If you've a migraine you know all about it. And its as Flip said. You think you'd rather be dead than suffer that much.

Of the 10% that is left about 8% of them throw up with a migraine. They are the lucky ones. A good vomit releases the pressure built up and eases the pain somewhat. For the 2% thats left a migraine is a several day event starting with the onset and continuing with the afore mentioned wishing for death and thinking brain tumour and is ended with a day or 2 afterwards recovering, feeling disorientated and dazed.

What causes it? Many things. Chocolate, cheese, cola, coffee, yadda yadda yadda. Truth is there is so many different well known triggers that each person is different. What causes migraine in one person may not in another.

For me its family history. My mother gets migraines. Her father and her mother did and it can be traced back generations on my grandads side. A few of my aunts suffer too. My mother was taken to hospital after a serious migraine. When morphene tablets failed to work a week of tests were the result. Now she takes a tablet a day to help prevent migraines. She has done since I was 15 and will be on them for life. Nowdays they are few and far between for mother. She still gets headaches but not as many migraines and a real fear is me having to go through that.

My eldest daughter suffers but at least she can throw up. Me? I wish I could when I get an attack.

For those that say a darkened room helps then they have never had a migraine.

When light hurts. Dark hurts. Laying down hurts. Sitting up hurts. Your in too much pain to throw up even though you feel like it, When its too sore to cry, when you cant sleep because it hurts that much, then you know what a migraine feels like.

Some say dental pain is the worst pain you can have. Try living with migraines and you'll change your mind. At least with dental pain you can dope yourself up with pain killers. Bugger all you can get over the counter works with migraines.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 31 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have never had a migraine before, do people just ham them up a bit.


My ex used to get them at least once a month. Would pratically disable her. She would need to lay in bed and not move - if i moved she would scream and be sick.
There really not nice at all - Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 1.25 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 135.96 Kb