Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More Moped Lunacy....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Show & Tell by Bendy (16 Jul 2006 - 10:26)
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 16:08 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: More Moped Lunacy.... Reply with quote

first off, you dont have to read it, dont feel pressured, my tired ramblings keep my mind occupied, so i wont fall asleep.....

some of you may be interested, some of you may not be Razz those of you who saw my post the other day about riding the ped home 100 miles and enjoying it...continuation of that...sitting comfortably, then i'll begin Wink

excuse the poor ability to post, i didnt sleep last night, and have just spent 7 hours in the saddle of a 50cc beasty, so am slightly wired Shocked

had an MRI scan appointment, at Haslar Navy Hospital today which is in Portsmouth, once again the Navy schedules outdo themselves, and i get lumped with an appointment slap bang in the middle of my holiday, with my main bike in bits Evil or Very Mad

so this leaves a choice, take the uninsured, and already sold bros, or take the ped, my licence hanging by a thread i decide the legal option is the way forward....

so its 3am Monday morning, and im not tired, 4.45am draws up, and i start to feel sleepy, but there is no time for that, half an hour dozing, and i'm vertical again, showered and moped idling, having no idea of what im about to force upon it

a few mins to six, and we are off, the plan to avoid congested london, and attack the A3 before everyone else decides to

down the A41 from Watford, slide through St Johns Wood, and down Baker Street, all dead as ive ever seen them, feeling lucky, Oxford Street, Park Lane all still going smoothly, Knightsbridge the most annoying part, and still it remains easy, all traffic lights by some miracle were green from Sloane Square all the way to Chelsea Bridge, last blat to Clapham Common, round the outside, and grab the back door out of Wandsworth, just as all the commuters are starting to cram in, i feel like ive missed all the congestion by seconds, and we cruise into Kingston with 37 mins on the journey timer Cool personal best, oh yes Thumbs Up

the A3 opens up into two, and then three lanes, as the last shade of civilisation disappears with the Dorking turn off, and London becomes a distant spec, gap increasing at 45 miles to the hour Razz

we crawl to 50, and stay there, and it suddenly becomes ever so tiresome, you just passed a sign in Wandsworth that said 73 miles to Portsmouth, and now its only saying 68, and that seemed like half an hour ago, this is gonna take a while

it's about this time, that you miss the london commuting because you have nothing to do but sit dead still on the sofa seat and get sore, then realise the bike is too damn small to spread your limbs anywhere, so you just have to lump it, at last we fly over the M25, realising that this is normally where your A3 journey begins, and you still have a bloody long way to go

BP garage looms up, the tank is barely registering that you have used a quarter of it, but you are curious of the time, and need to stand up, and so we fill it with a quid fifty, dance around on the forecourt for a bit, and continue, its 7.15 Cool

the A3 drags some more, as lorry drivers do their best to suck you into their exhaust pipes Neutral the signs slowly tick down, and you flow through the barely noticeable corners that you memorised months ago, the "middle bit" shows up, in the form of the single carriageway devils punchbowl, and you consider yourself half way there, as the queue of traffic behind you voices its frustration, as soon as the dual carriageway resumes, a sign tells you 26 miles to go, and you are dying for a leak

leak dealt with, by some very illegal grass verge parking at a random point under a bridge, and the next 15 miles disappear in a blur, and signs tell you, that if you are riding a lame vehicle, you are no longer permitted to use this road, slow progress aside, its nice to have some thinking to do

despatched the last 10 or so miles of lumpy B roads and mini roundabouts into Pompey, and the familiar Macdonalds in Fareham is finally minutes away...mission accomplished

big breakfast, text bendy, and have her remind you, that you gotta do it all over again in less than an hour, bollocks Evil or Very Mad , what was i thinking Rolling Eyes

try vaguely to fabricate an excuse to curl up and die in a bush, but realise it isnt practical, head on to hospital for the formalities, catch 20 mins of sleep in the MRI machine, and rudely awoken by some random clerk telling you to go home, and i was just getting comfortable Thumbs Down

A3 all the way back, drags like nothing has ever dragged on two wheels before, but finally london rears its polluted head, manage to navigate back along the A3, trying to read signs that give you way to much information to absorb in the time you have before some black cab is shunting you up the arse, i manage to get lost, but deciding to just keep heading straight, i find the bottom edge of Battersea park, and a petrol station, another 4.50 of the green stuff, and a more crowded London brings back memories of the old mentality 'when in doubt, gas it' and i enjoy the last blast home, whilst also wishing that every house i passed was mine so i could go to bed....

Lessons learned......Watford is a long way from the sea, and in future, i'll be happy to keep it that way Thumbs Up

https://www.giffould.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_pedsea.JPG

6am departure, 211 miles on 6 quids worth of petrol, 1 sore arse, one 50cc ped that still works, not a bad days biking effort i'd say Mr. Green
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Grubby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:11 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger that man, I'd've got a hire bike.
Sore arse for you sir? Shocked

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 16:12 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that, IMHO, is a biker Smile

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

brockie
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:13 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play Clapping

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit I like best (apart from Bendy telling you that you've got the return journey still to do!) was the whole trip only cost 6 quid!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rhino
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:16 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds just like one of Dan Walsh's adverntures. Nice tale. Thumbs Up

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Re: More Moped Lunacy.... Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
211 miles on 6 quids worth of petrol,

damn impressive Thumbs Up

you could have taken the sr mate lol its insured tax'd
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 16:18 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhino wrote:
Sounds just like one of Dan Walsh's adverntures. Nice tale. Thumbs Up

Except goosey never has to leave sharpish because he chatted up some mafia boss's girl Laughing .

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:33 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Re: More Moped Lunacy.... Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
try vaguely to fabricate an excuse to curl up and die in a bush, but realise it isnt practical...

Laughing

Very god tale Goosey, this is what we need on BCF rather than crappy arguments. Thumbs Up

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose you are a fucking legend mate Thumbs Up

That journey would have killed a lesser man Mr. Green

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:43 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive. 211 on a ped is good, and makes and interesting read and lots better than other general argueing threads on here. Could be worth getting the CBR insurance moved to the Bros.Confused

Last edited by Ste on 03:07 - 26 Nov 2009; edited 3 times in total

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:49 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose, thank you, I've had such a shit morning but I'm now grinning like a bastard. You've reminded me of all the fun I had when I first started riding! Who needs fast bikes eh? Wink

3516 Miles, 11 Countries
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should enter you for this under the BCF banner!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1