BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Full test.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:20 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Full test. Reply with quote

Quick question (again): How long should I leave it as a minimum after passing my CBT should I take my full test? I want to get my full license as quickly as possible so I can get rid of the L's (Heard some horror stories on the road about people with L's) and I want to do everything nice and legally.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:30 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legally you can do it as soon as you have a CBT and have done your theory test. Have a look at this thread for details of what the test will involve, and as soon as you are up to test standard then there is no reason not to do it. You are right about people treating you differently if you've got L plates on and I always felt safer without them on.

The main part for passing your test is not physically being able to operate the bike, it is having road sense and knowing what to do in situations and the only way to get road experience is through time. Once you feel comfortable on the roads and are able to do everything in the test then you'll be able to pass. It could be worth your while at some point getting a riding school to assess your riding and see what they say they think you need. Good chance they'll say you need at least one lesson, but it is possible to pass your test without lessons, I did it (didn't pass until third time) and so did Robby but have never heard of anyone doing their test without any lessons and passing first time. It's up to you really but when you feel comfortable riding and are able to do everything that will be asked of you then you'll pass. Thumbs Up

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:43 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically if you want your licence as soon as possible you should do a DAS, where you do your CBT on the monday, then lessons through the week, theory test on wednesday/thursday, then test on the friday (weather permitting)

This is normally only done for those over 21, but most training centers will let you do the same thing only on a 125. it is EXACTLY the same as a regular DAS only you are restricted to 33bhp afterwards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turn 21 next year, if I had the 33bhp limit when I was 20 would this mean I would have to wait until I was 22? Or does work like "21 or 2 years riding, whatever's closer", so when I turn 21 the 2 year limit will be void?

Inno
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:52 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you are 21 you can take your Direct Access and ride any bike.

I think and this is only me talking is that you should wait and ride something like a rs125 for a year or so just to get you used to gears, weather condition and general road use on a fastish bike.

I did my CBT and got a RS125 then when that ran out I re-did the CBT and then did the DAS straight away, in training and the test's ( Theory aswell) I found this very easy because I had experience.

But remember; Different strokes for different folks !!!! Wink

Inno
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:53 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you are 21 you can take your Direct Access and ride any bike.

I think and this is only me talking is that you should wait and ride something like a rs125 for a year or so just to get you used to gears, weather condition and general road use on a fastish bike.

I did my CBT and got a RS125 then when that ran out I re-did the CBT and then did the DAS straight away, in training and the test's ( Theory aswell) I found this very easy because I had experience.

But remember; Different strokes for different folks !!!! Wink

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
tobyrPosted: 20 Aug 12:44 Post subject:

I turn 21 next year, if I had the 33bhp limit when I was 20 would this mean I would have to wait until I was 22? Or does work like "21 or 2 years riding, whatever's closer", so when I turn 21 the 2 year limit will be void?

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe when you hit 21 you can do an accerated course to get rid of the restiction to 33bhp bikes, if not, then you have to be the same as everyone else and be restricted for 2years then you can ride whatever you like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:00 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup you can do. It's basically a DAS test for people who passed the 33bhp test when under 21. You can see more about it on the DVLA website.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 256 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1