Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rs 125 engine rattling BAD!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

nathan1997
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:05 - 23 Aug 2004    Post subject: Rs 125 engine rattling BAD!!!! Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad yo people hows it goin, got a bit of a prob with my engine, i didn't ride it for a month and yesterday i took in on a ride about 20 miles or so
after that i stopped at my mates house for about an hour, (it rode fine on the ride) any way left my mates house started my bike up and there was a really deep rattling noise coming from the engine, i started riding it home it still had power but it was vibrating through the pegs really bad and it was only rattling at low speed, its got oil in it so can't be that, so what can it be. if anyone can help please do!!!!!!

Cheers, Nathan

p.s. 1997 model 123 rotax engine.

Flywheel
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 23 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

it might just be one of your engine bolts are lose.Check them now or it could result in loads of problems as i have experienced.

How many miles has it done?
It could be your big end if its done more than 20k, hope not though.

good luck

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 19:59 - 23 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a compression check first. If it's low it's probably worth rebuilding it now, before it takes the barrel with it.

clemsta
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:23 - 23 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could just be one of you cylinder or head bolts are loose, check them.

Do a compression test you may need new rings and also could be that your exhaust is blowing, or the bolt which hangs the exhaust onto the footpeg has come loose.

Try all of these.

Nuts and bolts are always comeing loose on my NS125R, i had a major oil leak, turned out that the cylinder blts were slack.

Thanks

Adam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:08 - 23 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Making a noise / vibration like that could be an engine mounting bolt loose, so as that is a zero cost check then make sure they are secure.

After that do a compression check. Aprilia say to check the piston / rings / barrel clearance every 6000 / 8000 km (depends on the year), so it could well be due checking or due new rings.

After that there are loads of things it could be but nothing easy to check and nothing that likely.

All the best

Keith

nathan1997
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:30 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers lads i'll check all of that in a bit, the bikes only done around 10k and the noise has got to be coming from the engine, it smoked like a bitch when i started it earlier. My mate that knows alot more than me is going to check out later today, hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

Cheers, nathan. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1