Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Theory test prep.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:47 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the whole thing, didn't learn the stuff like exact braking distances at set speeds but most of it is useful stuff to know as it's signs and situations you'll encounter out on the roads.
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:09 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be but I doubt it. Best thing is to do lots of practise theory tests, get one of the CD things. It will also have practise hazard awareness tests which will also be useful. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:29 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that as no amount of thinking will change your results so much better use of time to be doing something productive. Thumbs Up

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 15:46 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even opened the highway code. I just done the mock tests on the cd over and over till I had the questions and answers in my head. When it comes to the real test, the questions are the same. Word for word.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:00 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The questions on the practise test on the DSA web site is the same sort of questions you will get in your actual theory, the parts that gets most people is the hazard perception part.

The best way to learn is to read the high way code, and do some practise exams on CD software, also watch the disc you will get through from the DSA when you book your test.

I read through the whole off high way code, also done loads of practise exams on 'driving test success' which uses the official questions and after doing quite a few the same questions pop up, also the programme monitors your progress and helps you to decide wether you're ready for the test, also the hazard perception practice exams on 'driving test success' is very good and gets you ready for the real thing. On the actual theory all the questions i recognized (from the practice question on the CD software) and got all correct, also the hazard perception was easy.

I will burn you a copy off 'driving test success' (2 CD's) for a couple of quid if you want to cover the cost of the CD's, postage and time it takes me to dig the CD's out Smile .

Good luck Thumbs Up .

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:29 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the car one the other week, and I'm booked for the bike on the 2nd september. I got 33 on the first part and 73/75 for the hazard perception. Apparently I should be a good driver, yea right, I'm just aware because of the bike, at least I like to think so. I just went over all of the questions once or twice and then did some practice ones.

Craig G(Noggin)

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highway code, meh, buy the official CD rom thing that has the hazard perception as well. Best way of doing it in my opinion, just reading the highway code wont help much as you will probably not take any of it in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1