moped racin

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:20 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: moped racin Reply with quote

hi all,
i have just got this little peugeot speedfight 2 for free and it seems pretty quik(for a moped). it is a bit batterd up but still rideable and it has got mot. thing is dus any1 know where i can fine out about any racing that they do for these bikes around thwe west mids area cos ive always fancied a bit of racing and nows my chance as i cant drive but i could ride this there and just take it round in the slow group for the lagh and the fun factor.
cheers
sam Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place to race mopeds is a race track. Never race on the public highway. Tut Tut

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 02:21 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that in birmingham more than likely the police will have you for like minded scooterist try scooter mania I think or search for scooters on google their is a shop where they all meet on a sunday.

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:03 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.scooterracing.org.uk/

The Moped Mayhem site is down at the moment. Which would be more suited to your bike as its way to slow keep up in in BSSO.

Dave

Last edited by divuk83 on 09:53 - 28 Aug 2004; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:50 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i meant on a track Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 13:01 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i meant on a track

you need a full motorbike Licence for track days, so no chance
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:29 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a cg on trackday, that would be funny. performance bikes went to cadwell once on those big scooters. (burgman, x9 etc) and in to the slow group and overtook gsxr's and the like. class mag

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:52 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i think i need to clarify here.
i mean racing that is what i said at the start.
i know that i cant do a track day and its pretty obvius that knowone in their right mind would go round cadwell on a speedfight 2 50cc against R1's Rolling Eyes

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 04:38 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a speedfight 1. And i race along a road called "Laker road". on a friday at about 8, a couple of vanse come up and block the road up at each end, and the hundreds of boi racers in their novas, blokes in their FTOs, and kids on their scooters, oh and carnt forget the guys on their big bikes like CRB 600s etc. All the types gather in a big carpark and get together in pairs ready to drag race up the 1 mile strip.
crowds form up each side of the road and cars, bikes and scooters drag race along this road, its great fun and no chance of geting caught cos when the police get there, the guy in the van at the bottom radios through to sombody in the car park and every 1 makes their run through a old aircraft hanger and onto the A229, and its wikid!

Most of the scooters are highly tuned though so u may not come close to wining.
Ive got a speedfight 1 with:
70cc MHR bore kit
Malossi Delta clutch
Malossi Variator and rollers
Malossi Race belt
Malossi gearing
Malossi 21mm carb
Technigas 70cc exhaust

and i stil struggle. lol...

Have fun racing. and speedfights are lovely bikes to ride!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:21 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

best ped racing track is three sisters circuit up by...erm...forget exactly, its manchester way. horible circuit for anything but gokarts or peds. i went there and it was PISSING down! It wasnt rain, it was the sea with holes in it.
The only racing i saw that day were from some sportsbike riders who dived on peds and thrashed them round for a laugh.

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its spriniting you want then you dont need a full license. The straightliners events don't require a full license at some of the venues. There aren't many rounds left this year though.

https://www.x-race-uk.info/
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=31496

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 247 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1