|
|
| Author |
Message |
| wilbur |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wilbur Traffic Copper

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:22 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: Rear ended AGAIN |
 |
|
OK for the second time in 10 months someone rode into the back of me.
He wanted to fix the damage "off the record" so I assume something dodgy with his insurance. Anyway after a few texts from him saying "Bring it round and my mate will fix it" I though fuck this and claimed through my insurance.
Damage is front indicator/brake lever, rear brake lever scraped fairing, belly pan, scraped engine cover, damaged horn, mirror, silencer.
I have agreed to a repair on the fairing/engine cover rather than replacement as I dont want the bike written off.
They are replacing the rear tyre as that is where he hit me. Now I'd prefer a BT45 but they want to put on a Dunlop Arrowmax. Now I understand they are a bit crap in the wet. I suppose my question is "Will that still be better than the crap OEM Dunlop its replacing ?"
Thanks in advance
(apologies for posting this in the wrong place first time ) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wilbur |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wilbur Traffic Copper

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wilbur |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wilbur Traffic Copper

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:04 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Christ I thought you mean an actual gash in it. Thats a chip compared to the scuffs I have Fair enough on just getting it re touched up etc.
Hope the claim goes fast! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|